Balance with RCI different than booking invoice balance

ryano

I called RCI with a question and got a balance owed from them and noticed it didnt align with my records. It was only about 30.00 more on their computers vs what my booking invoice showed but now I see what others have seen.

They adjusted it immediately and sent new invoice but I guess I went into My Cruises at some point and thats what messed it up.

My problem had to do with Cruise Care insurance charges. First passenger was 59.00 and second passenger was half that because of the BOGO offer and was shown on my invoice. Their records showed 59.00 for both passengers. She said it was because I updated something in My Cruises?

I cant believe their only solution is to not use My Cruises but it is what it is.

Check your booking invoice and make sure it lines up with your records and stay OUT of My Cruises is my only advice! Ive read about it here. Now I know better for sure. 30.00 dollars is 30.00 dollars :)

Edited by ryano

...Check your booking invoice and make sure it lines up with your records and stay OUT of My Cruises is my only advice! Ive read about it here. Now I know better for sure. 30.00 dollars is 30.00 dollars :)

The only thing I would add is to always request an updated invoice with any change, and examine it for accuracy.

I go into 'My Cruises' from time to time to enter varied info that is needed or reserve entertainment/excursions. I have not seen what happened to you YET... But, I always verify the balance due is correct with my records before I make the final payment.

Invoices can also get messed up when transferring to a TA from RC.

I booked and paid deposit straight to RC. Then later transferred to a TA. After I transferred the TA emailed me the invoice. I didn't pay much attention to it assuming it was the same thing RC had already sent me.

A month or so before final payment I pulled up the TA's invoice and it showed a higher total than I remembered RC quoting me. Luckily I still had the original invoice from RC in my emails. I printed it off and emailed it to my TA. She was able to call RC and get it straightened out. They said sometimes that happens when they transfer bookings ?!?!

So be sure to keep records of ALL emails they send you!!

I dont think people should stay out of "My Cruises" they just need to keep a copy of the original booking information and account of their payments. It does cause a bit of stress though when you see a much higher price and loss of OBC.

My situation is reverse of most, My account is correct in "My Cruises" but all over the place with prices if I check it through "Countdown to Cruise" in C&A.

I didnt realize that cruise insurance premium cost was part of BOGOH?:)

Edited by fishtaco

Invoices can also get messed up when transferring to a TA from RC.

I booked and paid deposit straight to RC. Then later transferred to a TA. After I transferred the TA emailed me the invoice. I didn't pay much attention to it assuming it was the same thing RC had already sent me.

A month or so before final payment I pulled up the TA's invoice and it showed a higher total than I remembered RC quoting me. Luckily I still had the original invoice from RC in my emails. I printed it off and emailed it to my TA. She was able to call RC and get it straightened out. They said sometimes that happens when they transfer bookings ?!?!

So be sure to keep records of ALL emails they send you!!

I had the same or similar issue happen.

I keep both hardcopies and all the emails until after the cruise, just in case I need them. Like you experienced, they do come in handy.

I didnt realize that cruise insurance premium cost was part of BOGOH?:)

The cruise insurance premium is based on the price paid for the cabin for each person. When the price for the second person is reduced (BOGOHO), the insurance premium for that person is reduced.