Needing medicine

Daydaes

I can't answer to your experience, and I don't know if it is quoted in the HAL handbook. I work as a crew member and can tell you as a fact

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I understand that the care would be free to crew and staff.

And I'm certain that passengers will be delighted to learn that HAL provides free medical to passengers ... I should drag out my old paperwork and request a refund. Thank you for the insight.

While on board if my husband and I became ill and needed antibiotics, how does our co-pay for the meds work? Would it be better to be pro-active and ask our Dr to prescribe an antibiotic to take with us? I am prone to getting bladder infections and don't want to be in the middle of the ocean and not be able to get the meds I need.

First of all no guarantee you could get the type of antibiotic you need aboard ship.

Secondly, unless you have taken out travel insurance with medical coverage there is a strong possibility that your usual medical insurance will not cover

I am prone to bronchitis so I always bring at least five days' worth of antibiotic best for that

I'd recommend you get and fill a Rx from your Dr so you have the meds with you

First of all no guarantee you could get the type of antibiotic you need aboard ship.

Secondly, unless you have taken out travel insurance with medical coverage there is a strong possibility that your usual medical insurance will not cover

I am prone to bronchitis so I always bring at least five days' worth of antibiotic best for that

I'd recommend you get and fill a Rx from your Dr so you have the meds with you

Yep, totally agree. It rather hard to fill a prescription while at sea if perchance the infirmary doesn't have it in stock. And if one needs the shops physician he or she is still available.

DITTO--- both of us take numerous medications for various medical conditions and our primary doctor wants us to begin antibiotics that she has prescribed immediately if we begin to feel that we may be coming down with bronchitis. Unfortunately both of us are very prone to bronchitis and one or the other or both of us frequently manage to catch bronchitis while on or just after a cruise.

Until a couple of years ago, I was rarely sick. Now I get bronchitis about every 3 months no matter whether I am home or on a cruise.

We have already gotten our flu shots for this year.