Aqua suites

beeeg

As much water as you care to drink, ply the other benefit of Aqua Class suites. I assume you are on Reflection as she is the only ship which has aqua Class Suites for a short time longer

Yes. Aqua Suite on Reflection. Do I just let the butler or the steward know how many bottled waters we need? My son drinks those bottled waters like crazy. It's good to know that they are comped as much as he wants.

What about the cappuccino? How do I go about ordering those? I'm assuming I can't get them comped at the Cafe and have to go through the proper channels in connection with the Aqua Suite, but not sure how that works. Would appreciate any tips on how it's done. Thanks.

Yes. Aqua Suite on Reflection. Do I just let the butler or the steward know how many bottled waters we need? My son drinks those bottled waters like crazy. It's good to know that they are comped as much as he wants.

What about the cappuccino? How do I go about ordering those? I'm assuming I can't get them comped at the Cafe and have to go through the proper channels in connection with the Aqua Suite, but not sure how that works. Would appreciate any tips on how it's done. Thanks.

Sorry, can't help you with cappuccino. I don't drink it. Enjoy your cruise

It may also be your last -- the Aqua Suites are being converted to regular Suites shortly.

It was really strange when looking at prices on the sailing we're on because the Sky Suites cost more than the Aqua Suites and I couldn't understand why since it sounds like there's much more offered with the Aqua Suites. The only explanation I could think of was that the Aqua Suites are limited to 2 passengers max and there was more demand for this sailing for the Sky Suites that could accommodate more.

It was really strange when looking at prices on the sailing we're on because the Sky Suites cost more than the Aqua Suites and I couldn't understand why since it sounds like there's much more offered with the Aqua Suites. The only explanation I could think of was that the Aqua Suites are limited to 2 passengers max and there was more demand for this sailing for the Sky Suites that could accommodate more.

When regular Aqua Class was introduced it was well received (especially The Blu DR) so Celebrity decided with Reflection to step it up a notch and create Aqua Class Suites... By all accounts these bombed. So now they have decided come April 2015 when they do the next "tweak" to Suites Class fleet wide (intro of the Suites Class DR) that they will use the opportunity on the Reflection to do away with Aqua Class Suites and covert them to Sky Suites... Sky Suites continue to be high in demand as the intro level suites.

We are yet to see how this will pan out... But many believe it to be a good move by Celebrity.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

When regular Aqua Class was introduced it was well received (especially The Blu DR) so Celebrity decided with Reflection to step it up a notch and create Aqua Class Suites... By all accounts these bombed. So now they have decided come April 2015 when they do the next "tweak" to Suites Class fleet wide (intro of the Suites Class DR) that they will use the opportunity on the Reflection to do away with Aqua Class Suites and covert them to Sky Suites... Sky Suites continue to be high in demand as the intro level suites.

We are yet to see how this will pan out... But many believe it to be a good move by Celebrity.

Cheers!

Don't quite understand why the Aqua Suites "bombed", and yet the Sky Suites are in high demand. Aren't the Aqua Suites the same as the Sky Suites but with added amenities?

Don't quite understand why the Aqua Suites "bombed", and yet the Sky Suites are in high demand. Aren't the Aqua Suites the same as the Sky Suites but with added amenities?

They "bombed" because they did not sell well...

They either went empty or had to be discounted to the Sky Suite Rate or lower in order to fill them

Not the best marketing / money making plan when you are trying to sell an upgraded product (Aqua Suite = a Sky Suite with more perks)

Celebrity finally figured out that Sky Suites were better sellers... So much so that at times demand exceeded availability

They switch Aqua Suites to Skys and voila... They sell more cabins / make more money (not to mention that prices can go up even more on Sky Suites)

Cheers!

Being in the Aqua Suite, I understand we can dine in Blu. We also have Select Dining indicated on our reservation. Does that mean we have the option to eat in the MDR whenever we want if we decide not to eat in Blu on a particular night? Anyone have experience with how that works?

Kiyoko, You have Select dining listed as a means to getting your gratuities prepaid. Blu is always open seating.

If, of an evening, you might want to try the MDR, coordinate this request with the MaitreD of Blu. That person can tell you what time might be available in the MDR. You shouldn't just show up at the Select Dining area of the MDR because that is not your dining room, Blu is, and MDR Select may be all sold out for your cruise, so that night you might be told that Early Traditional or Late Traditional might be available for you.

Edited by cruisestitch

Thanks for the observations, maybe I should have said "Aqua class" not Aqua suite.

There are currently two different things:

Aqua Class Staterooms (Categories A2 and A1) - on both M & S Class Ships

And

Aqua Class Suites (AS) - currently only on The Reflection

The best place to understand what is included, and their differences (lol besides price & square footage) is on the Celebrity Website - Reflection Staterooms & Suites Page = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-reflection#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-reflection/staterooms

Click on the photos for more detailed info.

As alluded to by others, the Aqua Class Suites on The Reflection are going to be converted into Sky Suites come early April 2015

Not sure which category you have booked, but if you need more info just ask

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Kiyoko, You have Select dining listed as a means to getting your gratuities prepaid. Blu is always open seating.

If, of an evening, you might want to try the MDR, coordinate this request with the MaitreD of Blu. That person can tell you what time might be available in the MDR. You shouldn't just show up at the Select Dining area of the MDR because that is not your dining room, Blu is, and MDR Select may be all sold out for your cruise, so that night you might be told that Early Traditional or Late Traditional might be available for you.

If Select Dining is not sold out, will I be able to choose the time?

If someone in your party doesn't want to order from the Blu menu, you can always order off the MDR menu in Blu. Your server will bring you the menu if you simply ask for it.

If you want to dine in the MDR, just go to the Select dining restaurant. Even if it is fully booked, they are happy to seat Aqua Class guests. You may have to wait for a table though unless you go early or late. We have done this a couple of times and the Maitre D of Blu just told us which dining room to go to. He did not make special arrangements for our arrival. It is nice to let them know though, so your space will be available to suite guests that are not Aqua Class though.

Enjoy your cruise!

It probably is NOT possible to order from the MDR menu on Reflection. That may be available on M class ships where the Blu kitchen and the MDRr kitchen are adjacent, but that is not the case on Reflection.

As written already if you don't want to dine in Blu you should coordinate with the Blu Maitre D who will tell you what the options will be for your particular cruise, could be Select or Early or Late depending on where their is space.

Edited by cruisestitch

Thanks to all of you who have cleared up the Blu/MDR dining thing for me.

Just got through reading other threads about breakfast in Blu and it sounds like passengers really enjoy it. Does anyone know if I can order a cappuccino there and if there will be a charge for that?

Thanks to all of you who have cleared up the Blu/MDR dining thing for me.

Just got through reading other threads about breakfast in Blu and it sounds like passengers really enjoy it. Does anyone know if I can order a cappuccino there and if there will be a charge for that?

If you don't have a beverage package, you'll probably be charged. You can always call your butler when you wake up, and ask for a couple, one in a "travel cup" and take it with you to Blu. A little odd you can get it in your room for free, but not anywhere else (without that package).

Our experience with water was we started with 2 or 4 bottles and they brought more as we drank it, but if you ask for 8 to be left, they'll leave 8, or whatever you ask for. They'll refresh automatically twice a day.

I think others have mostly answered your dining (and water) questions.

Happy sailing,

Jenna