What? I didn't know that was included!

terratrac

Some of the 2.0 ships have it - normally open around dinner time, and they provide small samples of food for free. Sometimes food that is in the steakhouse or the Italian restaurant on some ships. I pick one up if I walk by, but I generally do not find it too exciting.

Ah, haven't been on a 2.0 ship...yet. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm guilty of the mdr experience. On my first cruise, I didn't know that the mdr optiom was included for the entire week. Also, I'm just learning this- room service is free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It wasn't until my 3rd night on my first cruise, a 7 day cruise, that I found out about the MDR!

It's crazy to think that people don't know the dining room is included on their cruise....you are paying hundreds of dollars for a vacation one would think you'd be sure what's included.

There's no other way to say this without coming off a little snarky, but how can people not know about half of these free items? Especially the MDR of all things? And even if you weren't sure, wouldn't you ask somebody?

Obviously, far from perfect myself, but this seems so naive with all the information available (on line, by phone, in person, on the ship).

Here are a few more.... Tea time, sauna and steam room, taste bar, multiple items in the MDR.

Hubby wasn't interested in checking out the tea time, but he ended up really liking it. I recommend arriving a little early as space seemed to fill up quickly.

Sushi bar is free and pretty good!

Room service- Each night we put the paper hanger on our door with our "breakfast order." It's usually just fruit and coffee/tea for us while we're getting ready in the morning. It has always arrived at the exact time we requested on the order form. We then go upstairs for breakfast.

Sitting for the professional pics is free. Take a bunch at the various backdrops. You only pay if you like how they come out and want one....or ten ;)

Sushi bar is free and pretty good!

sushi bars have been replaced by 'the taste bar', which is also free.

a few ships now have bonsai sushi which is for fee, a la carte, but the good news is that it is better than the old stuff :)

a few ships now have bonsai sushi which is for fee, a la carte, but the good news is that it is better than the old stuff :)

Good to know. We liked it for a little snack, especially when we had late seating. :)

This is so true. We had an amazing sun rise a few days ago. I was taking my daughter to school and we were both commenting on the sun rise. She said...Mom, you know what would make this sun rise even better? If we were on a cruise ship in the open sea.

Of course I said...yes dear it would and I will be in the open sea in just one months time. That's when she told me I was mean and to quit rubbing it in since the kids aren't going on this one.

I am just glad that we have been able to give the kids an opportunity to see those at sea. They are amazing!;):D

Lol, I just told my DH that cruising as we know it may be coming to an end as we get ready to take our granddaughter on her first cruise. I can just hear her...next cruise we book, I wanna come too!

My favorite "freebie" is the steam room on the Conquest class ships...Glory, Liberty, etc

I've heard you can get free champagne at the Art auctions, but not sure since I don't go to them.

Edited by 2 cruzen

Yes, the champagne is free at the art auctions.

At the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond party you don't have to take the drinks the waiters carry around and can ask for any drink you want. Some waiters may tell you that is not true but if they still refuse, talk with the beverage manager who should be at the party. You'll get what you want.

Yes, the champagne is free at the art auctions.

At the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond party you don't have to take the drinks the waiters carry around and can ask for any drink you want. Some waiters may tell you that is not true but if they still refuse, talk with the beverage manager who should be at the party. You'll get what you want.

I skip the art auctions now. It's a lot of blah blah blah for a glass of cheap champagne. Not worth it to me.

We always ask for beer or wine at the party. The cocktails are usually pretty weak. With beer and wine, you know what you're getting.;)

ROOM SERVICE! I know it's probably already been said but it wasn't until the last day of my first cruise that I learned this. I always order a bowl of cookies at the beginning and snack on them all week.

Also, the room service breakfast is so convenient, especially for port days. We at least order a pot of coffee every morning.

There's no other way to say this without coming off a little snarky, but how can people not know about half of these free items? Especially the MDR of all things? And even if you weren't sure, wouldn't you ask somebody?

Obviously, far from perfect myself, but this seems so naive with all the information available (on line, by phone, in person, on the ship).

I have to agree with you. I think Carnival does an excellent job in informing guests about what is included with the cruise fare...via the website and the fun times. A little research goes a long way.

It's not free, but if you want a drink of the day, but not the cup, you can by it for the refill price in a regular glass (or have your cup refilled). It's cheaper and you can only make use of so many cups and they can stack up in the room pretty quickly. :)

My DH and DS love the bonsai Sushi. They go to the Roulette, gets some money then go to the Bonsai Sushi. Love the presentation.

Edited by rocking-m-cruiser

It's not free, but if you want a drink of the day, but not the cup, you can by it for the refill price in a regular glass (or have your cup refilled). It's cheaper and you can only make use of so many cups and they can stack up in the room pretty quickly. :)

Great point. I see so many souvenir glasses left all over because the people don't want them. I assume they don't know that they're paying extra for them.

On an unrelated note - you can get real eggs in the MDR and on the Lido if you ask. On the Lido go to the omelet station and you can get your eggs fixed however you like. Even if we get scrambled eggs or an omelet we ask for them to be made from fresh eggs. If you get Eggs Benedict in the MDR ask for the sauce on the side and they usually come out better and not dried out from being under the heat lamps.

I have to agree with you. I think Carnival does an excellent job in informing guests about what is included with the cruise fare...via the website and the fun times. A little research goes a long way.

I can't imagine someone investing hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on a vacation and not investigating anything. If they booked online themselves, you need to pick a dining time! That might be a clue... And if I was unsure of the cost, I'd want to make sure I'd budget enough to eat (thus finding out it was included)

I even read the fine print on my contract on my first cruise! Don't know about anyone else, but after a $2,500 expense, I was going to make darn sure I knew what I was getting myself into!

I can't imagine someone investing hundreds' date=' if not thousands, of dollars on a vacation and not investigating anything. If they booked online themselves, you need to pick a dining time! That might be a clue... And if I was unsure of the cost, I'd want to make sure I'd budget enough to eat (thus finding out it was included)

I even read the fine print on my contract on my first cruise! Don't know about anyone else, but after a $2,500 expense, I was going to make darn sure I knew what I was getting myself into![/quote']

Oh, believe me, I certainly can.

Have you ever seen the Brazilian Tour Groups at Walt Disney World?

They don't take to planning well and I can see them saying half of these responses to this thread.

Oh, believe me, I certainly can.

Have you ever seen the Brazilian Tour Groups at Walt Disney World?

They don't take to planning well and I can see them saying half of these responses to this thread.

How can you miss them?? A swarm of obnoxious teens in neon shirts! LOL!