Double Upgrade Offer back on 1st October 2014?

excitedofharpenden

Well we looked at a 2016 Quest voyage and the price is the same today as a few days ago other than the Veranda price has dropped significantly.

Our TA is coming back to us later today to advise total price including flights.

We'd possibly be in a position to take advantage of the changes to the LCV program were we onboard but as our next Azamara cruise isn't for over a year, I guess we'll have to make a decision regardless of those incentives.

Spoke to TA earlier and no further news, but noticed a few minutes ago that the cruise is now back on the TAs website - up by £300. Will be interesting to find out what they say tomorrow!

Sue

Hi Sue

our Ta just been back on to us with a quote, with flights from Manchester it is now £2550 and from London about £80 cheaper - that makes it approx. £1600per couple dearer after they sorted the cockup out. we wont be booking this one lol.

regards

TA has just confirmed that the price of £1699 will be honoured! Not convinced, but happy for now, and glad I jumped on it straight away. so sorry that you won't be joining us.

Sue

Hi Sue

Have just recieved our Azamara confirmation invoice [via our TA] showing that the £1699 fly/cruise price has been honoured. :)

Friends of ours missed the original offer and decided to pay the £300 extra for the flight, but delayed too long and it has now gone up to £2545. The cruise only price remains at £1699 but all V1 cabins have gone. What they are thinking of doing is booking cruise only and then spending a couple of weeks in Canada visiting friends - as long as they don't leave it too long again!

Cabin V1/8000 confirmed. :)

Alan

TA has just confirmed that the price of £1699 will be honoured! Not convinced, but happy for now, and glad I jumped on it straight away. so sorry that you won't be joining us.

Sue

Yes confirmed here as well - 8025 V1 cabin and a Manchester flight so very happy here. We are off on our first Azamara cruise next week so I hope we enjoy it!

I don't know which cruises you are looking at, but the prices for the Aug. 11 2016 Quest sailing have NOT increased.

According to the 2016 Destination Guide, the prices for this cruise were Inside $5,899; Oceanview $6,399; Veranda $7,199.

On the Azamara website today, the prices for this cruise are Inside $5,899; Oceanview $6,399; Veranda $5,899. No change except that the Veranda did indeed go DOWN to the price of an Inside.

this is what happened for me! The balcony price went to the inside price. I booked in May 2014 -- final payment is coming up. Last week I asked my TA to just check out the price on the last day of BOGOHO promotion and found it was $1,500 per cabin less. TA able to rebook it. Single traveler in our party also benefited when the single supplement dropped 2 months after booking. So the price does not stay stable but varies with availability -- look at the price of cruises including Russia and Israel and Egypt over the last few years.

I do not know if travel insurance for cancel for any reason is part of this equation -- no penalty for cancelling and rebooking at new price.

Really the merchant (in this case Azamara) does nothing that your local retail stores do not do. Early on the blouse I crave is X$ and 2 months later it is much less (or it is gone and I was lucky to get that which I desired) and at the end of the season I can purchase the same blouse in a different color for $10 off the 70% off rack. It is call merchandising and it happens daily if not moment by moment.

You buy a cruise because it is worth that much to you for the experience. If the price is too high for you to buy at that point, then it is not worth it for you. If the price comes down and you revisit the equation and the new price makes it attractive again-- great! BUT there is no guarantee that the cruise or the cabin you want will still be sitting there for the having. Only you have any control over what you pay -- it is your decision. Azamara's decision is to make as much profit as it can. They offer a cabin YOU decide if it is worth your money. Why get mad at Azamara? If you decide not to buy, that is your punishment for AZ. If someone else decides they want the cabin, AZ does not much care what you think frankly. If someone else does not decide they want the cabin, then AZ has to revisit and see if they can attract you or others to the cabin. It has been this way since merchants started selling!

this is what happened for me! The balcony price went to the inside price. I booked in May 2014 -- final payment is coming up. Last week I asked my TA to just check out the price on the last day of BOGOHO promotion and found it was $1,500 per cabin less. TA able to rebook it. Single traveler in our party also benefited when the single supplement dropped 2 months after booking. So the price does not stay stable but varies with availability -- look at the price of cruises including Russia and Israel and Egypt over the last few years.

I do not know if travel insurance for cancel for any reason is part of this equation -- no penalty for cancelling and rebooking at new price.

Really the merchant (in this case Azamara) does nothing that your local retail stores do not do. Early on the blouse I crave is X$ and 2 months later it is much less (or it is gone and I was lucky to get that which I desired) and at the end of the season I can purchase the same blouse in a different color for $10 off the 70% off rack. It is call merchandising and it happens daily if not moment by moment.

You buy a cruise because it is worth that much to you for the experience. If the price is too high for you to buy at that point, then it is not worth it for you. If the price comes down and you revisit the equation and the new price makes it attractive again-- great! BUT there is no guarantee that the cruise or the cabin you want will still be sitting there for the having. Only you have any control over what you pay -- it is your decision. Azamara's decision is to make as much profit as it can. They offer a cabin YOU decide if it is worth your money. Why get mad at Azamara? If you decide not to buy, that is your punishment for AZ. If someone else decides they want the cabin, AZ does not much care what you think frankly. If someone else does not decide they want the cabin, then AZ has to revisit and see if they can attract you or others to the cabin. It has been this way since merchants started selling!

While I might have worded this explanation a bit differently, I agree with BowieMeMe that "merchandising happens" and the fares you find daily are a reflection of a few basic variables:

supply and demand by category (which is looked at daily),

time left to sell until sailing, and

the destination's historical booking curve.

There are a few other variables in the equation that will differ cruise-by-cruise, such as:

is there a major event or holiday,

seasonality (weather) of the cruise,

is there a block of cabins reserved for a group but perhaps the group is falling apart and space is opening up, etc. etc.

Our goal is to accommodate everyone who wants to be on a voyage, at the best price for both parties; at the price you're comfortable paying and reflects value to you.

This offer is great but unfortunately there are very few 125% solo supplement offers at the moment for 2015 to take advantage of - any ideas when/if they might change so that this offer then becomes 'good' for us solos too?

Hi 2fromTO,

I read it too, and the verbiage is quite confusing. Must have been written by the legal department :). What we do know : like most other cruise lines, they will reduce the fare before the final payment due date. However, if you want to add a promo to your booking, you would have to pay the prevailing rate. FWIW, Celebrity offers the same thing.

As for the 48 hour offer ? I'm not exactly sure what it entails either. Based on the time restrictions, I suspect it would not come into play very often. Here's a link to the terms and conditions. Good Luck reading it :) : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/explore-on-shore/booking/value-pricing/best-price-guarantee

Hope this is helpful !

Thanks Andy. I will read the fine print again. I believe other cruise lines will give you a OBC for the difference if the price goes down before final payment - but you have to ask. Good idea to monitor the price after you have booked.

We finally succumbed and booked the Quest for September 2016. The double upgrade offer, plus the 50% off deposit offer, plus a huge OBC was more than we could resist. Too bad it's such a long wait until we sail, but maybe we'll find something else in between.

We finally succumbed and booked the Quest for September 2016. The double upgrade offer, plus the 50% off deposit offer, plus a huge OBC was more than we could resist. Too bad it's such a long wait until we sail, but maybe we'll find something else in between.

We booked too!

When I rang one TA, I was told that the available cabins were flying away.

I was given the option of 4 2V cabins on deck 6.

I then rang Azamara and they gave me the option of the same4 cabins, but the deposit was £100 less and I don't have to pay until 8 weeks before.

I think it's a great itinerary, the only port I've been to is Cobh.

Canada was definitely on my bucket list!

Now to look for the Roll Call.

Come on the Quest next September then. We'll be there! Like you we couldn't resist the promo. ;)

Jen, we booked the West Indies cruise which is almost a duplicate of the one we went on where we met you and Pete. November 21, 2016. Don't you want to go back again with us....hint hint .....:D

Yes!! Would love to cruise with you both again someday. Trying to plan a cruise for 2015 at the moment..2016 is just a bit too far off for us. Very best wishes to you both.

By the way we set sail for Indonesia with Celebrity at the end of Nov. so Im going to try and do a comparison review afterwards.

Jen

Come on the Quest next September then. We'll be there! Like you we couldn't resist the promo. ;)

I have just read most of your review of your Caribbean cruise on Quest, as we are new to Azamara and I have questions.

Thankyou for the splendid pictures, especially of the dining areas.

Has anyone been in cabin 6069?

I cannot find any information on the Spread sheet.

I have just read most of your review of your Caribbean cruise on Quest, as we are new to Azamara and I have questions.

Thankyou for the splendid pictures, especially of the dining areas.

Has anyone been in cabin 6069?

I cannot find any information on the Spread sheet.

Thank you for the kind words. That was a great cruise out of Miami. We liked it so much that we've booked the same itinerary for November 2016 (on the same promo, too :D ). We haven't been in cabin 6069 but we were eight doors down the hall towards the aft. Your cabin is actually better placed than the one we had since it's closer to the stairs and elevator.

Is he OBC from your TA?

Yes, as is the half-price deposit offer. Azamara's offer is the veranda-for-inside fare.

Know you cannot divulge the name of your travel agent. May I ask if it's an online agency? C** C**? Would be interested in knowing. When I inquired about 50% deposit I was told that it didn't "combine" with the upgrade to the veranda from the inside cabin pricing.

Any "heads-up" that you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Know you cannot divulge the name of your travel agent. May I ask if it's an online agency? C** C**? Would be interested in knowing. When I inquired about 50% deposit I was told that it didn't "combine" with the upgrade to the veranda from the inside cabin pricing.

Any "heads-up" that you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, a US based online agency.

Yes, a US based online agency.

Assume this agency is on the Eastern side of the States. :-)

Would you be so kind as to divulge the date of your AZ cruise. We inquired about a September 2016 cruise and were told the 50% reduced deposit did not apply. Yes, is a "crossing".

Thanks so much. Appreciate your assistance.

Assume this agency is on the Eastern side of the States. :-)

Would you be so kind as to divulge the date of your AZ cruise. We inquired about a September 2016 cruise and were told the 50% reduced deposit did not apply. Yes, is a "crossing".

Thanks so much. Appreciate your assistance.

It's the crossing. I couldn't imagine having the Quest sail for the very first time to my home city and not being aboard.