Carnival Excursion Changes

jwjax

I know this thread may be moved, but I have a question about the excursions offered by Carnival in Nassau? A few weeks ago I was looking at my Carnival options, and the Blue Lagoon excursions were there. Now today, they are all Balmoral Island?? What is up with that?:confused:

Has Carnival bought Balmoral and converted it to another Grand Turk??

We went to Blue Lagoon on our 1st cruise in '95, and wanted to go back on our next cruise(s), we are doing a B2B, just to get away for a bit. But today the Blue Lagoon is no longer offered?? :confused:

Anyway, I see that there are private excursions that go there out of Nassau, so, I was wondering, who has taken a private one and what was your experience?:)

well to answer part of your question, Carnival has purchased half of Balmoral, it was known as Blackbeards Cay, there is a great beach there, a pool, loads of carnivally things to spend your money on- and as far as beach, liked it much better than blue lagoon, maybe not now, but when I started cruising.

I am thinking the contract with the boats taking you over to the island might have been booked with other cruise lines before any of Carnivals filled up.

Balmoral is Carnival's island (Well, half of it is anyway. The other half is part of Sandals). They probably don't want to compete with their own island so they dropped Blue Lagoon. But you can easily go to Blue Lagoon on your own by booking through their website. You just need to get your own transportation to the Paradise Island ferry terminal.

Balmoral is Carnival's island (Well, half of it is anyway. The other half is part of Sandals). They probably don't want to compete with their own island so they dropped Blue Lagoon. But you can easily go to Blue Lagoon on your own by booking through their website. You just need to get your own transportation to the Paradise Island ferry terminal.

Thanks, we just had a call from our DS who said that BL replied and confirmed what you said above. Thanks.... DS is sailing tomorrow, and we are sailing in Dec. We will see how it goes for DS, before we book again.

Thanks again...