Freedom OTS will float on Friday

prc

How much do you think something like that would cost?

I'll chip in a few bucks.

Eris, Eric, Eric...... why take a plane when we can simply have the Freedon float over here and pick us up for a test run?

Eris, Eric, Eric...... why take a plane when we can simply have the Freedon float over here and pick us up for a test run?
I don't think she is ready yet. She may float but I doubt she is fit for passengers. I want the plane to get pictures of her progress. Maybe we can hire a spy too.

May be old news, but according to CruiseNewsDaily & Cruiseblogger, the Freedom will be floated out on Friday.

:):):)I'm so excited to hear there will be new picts and info Friday! It seems like forever. My son even looked around trying to find info from the shipyard on the internet that's how eager he is for news!

Wow!! Really looking forward to hopefully seeing some pictures & progress of the Freedom. My family and I check the FOS - RCI site often to see if they have added anything new. This news is exciting and now we have more reason to be checking the site and boards.

Thanks for the info......

Whoa now MC-Cruiser. They other poster only said it was going to be floated at the shipyard. Nobody has said anything about new info. and/or pictures on Friday; unfortunately I think we will have to wait until the 31st.

Don't rain on my parade! I'm just an excitable girl!! I combined my excitement regarding two posts on one reply. I am just glad to hear we will be hearing something new soon! Hopefully it won't take RCCL long to get the website revised. I'd be happy with a photo and an announcement. You know how it goes with anticipation.

I am a diamond member and I got a phone call last weeek to invite me to a media event in Cape Bayonne on the 31st from 10 am until noon where they will announce more details of the Freedom. sounds fun but not quite worth a trip to the big Apple -- now a preview cruise...mmm...that would be worth the trip!

I am a diamond member and I got a phone call last weeek to invite me to a media event in Cape Bayonne on the 31st from 10 am until noon where they will announce more details of the Freedom. sounds fun but not quite worth a trip to the big Apple -- now a preview cruise...mmm...that would be worth the trip!

Yeah, that would be worth the trip! Maybe in 9 months or so???

On the AkerFinnyards website there's a nice video of the modular assembly process being used to build FOS and it ends with the complete (but unpainted) hull and superstructure of FOS prior to its launching today. In the image bank section of the website there is a large still picture of the ship in drydock where you can clearly see the solarium whirpools extending out over the sides of the ship.

Archived