Bahamas with 3 year old twins

jcp21

my DS just turned 4. We will visit these two ports in December. Right now I plan to get Atlantis Beach Day Pass at Nassau, because I think he will love to spend time in Aquarium and at Lagoon. I plan to take taxi to Atlantis, instead of water taxi and walking -- I think there will be enough walking for him in Atlantis. As for Freeport, I'm torn between staying on Taino Beach (taxi or ship excursion) and a trip to Lucayan National Park for a nature walk and Gold Rock Beach (via private excursion).

Edited by Peppa26

my DS just turned 4. We will visit these two ports in December. Right now I plan to get Atlantis Beach Day Pass at Nassau, because I think he will love to spend time in Aquarium and at Lagoon. I plan to take taxi to Atlantis, instead of water taxi and walking -- I think there will be enough walking for him in Atlantis. As for Freeport, I'm torn between staying on Taino Beach (taxi or ship excursion) and a trip to Lucayan National Park for a nature walk and Gold Rock Beach (via private excursion).

If the beach isn't closed because of dangerous surf, your beach will be an ocean beach, not a lagoon. The surf tends to be rough, even if not closed.

Gold Rock Beach looks beautiful from the Google pictures....Is there bathrooms to change the kids? and who are you using to get there?

No there is no facility on beach according to other posts. There should be restrooms across the road in the park.

I haven't decided yet. I will either book East End Extravaganza Tour with H. Forbes Charter, or National Park & Beach tour with Pat & Diane Tours. I saw positive reviews toward both tours.

http://www.forbescharter.com/tours.asp?fc=2

http://snorkelingbahamas.com/tours/caveTour.php

If the beach isn't closed because of dangerous surf, your beach will be an ocean beach, not a lagoon. The surf tends to be rough, even if not closed.

I sent an email to Atlantis Reservation Department. They said the access to the Paradise Lagoon Beach is included.

The Day Beach Pass would be $69.00 per adult and $40.00 for children 4-12. The pass would include the Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour, Dig access, lunch* (voucher provided only when purchased on Atlantis property), access to the Paradise Lagoon Beach, west beach and all marine habitats. Lounge chairs and towels are provided. : Access to pools, slides and private lagoons are not included and day passes are available for purchase on the resort only.

I do agree that the water of the blue lagoon is more peaceful and suitable for kids, however my son would get bored if we spend hours on beach. I'd like to bring him to walk around at Atlantis and also Marina Village

Edited by Peppa26