Want to Try Out or Do a Mini on the Freedom for $122

disfan

I was just looking at upcoming Freedom prices and I noticed a "New" listing for a 2 nighter to Nassau starting at $122. on January 4, 2015.

Not bad for someone who wanted to try out the Freedom or else would enjoy a short cruise.

Yes, it's the cruise before drydock. I've done a couple of 2 day cruises, most recently on Oasis in August. Personally, I would say to be very sure of what you want out of the cruise. For me, I hardly ever get a week free, and so to be able to try Oasis was a big draw. But a crew that is used to doing 7 day cruises, is not especially good at doing a 2 day cruise. There was lots of chaos on the Oasis cruise for some people. I'm glad I got to try Oasis, but hardly the best RCI cruise I have done. I would not have wanted to bring a first timer with me.

Freedom could be the same situation - a crew used to doing 7 day cruises not really knowing how to handle the short cruise or the short cruise passengers.

Probably not for us. We've done the "last cruise before drydock" special before, and the last two days are when they start the intense prepping for what needs to be done. Not sure I'd want to do another cruise where we'd have to dodge carpet being ripped up, venues being stripped, plywood being laid down to protect decks, etc.:eek:

And, a two day cruise is just long enough for them to clear out the pantry and the larder of the excess provisioning they do for a normal 7-night rotation. I doubt they'd do much (if any) re-provisioning for that two day jaunt.:eek: