New to Holland should we?

kris4842

So we have cruised a lot but only on Royal and Celebrity. we got a great deal for the Eurodam and really want to try out Holland. Celebrity is our favorite because we like the white glove treatment and we are not fans of younger cruisers. (We are in our 30's and prefer older than us) Anyway, Would Holland be a great fit. The other thing we love about Celebrity is their amazing unlimited beverages package but I have heard that Holland's isn't that great. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Like you, I've also been on numerous RCI and Celebrity cruises. I'm also in my 30s and actually prefer an older crowd. In the last couple years, I've taken 2 HAL cruises...one of which was Eurodam's sister ship. I'll be perfectly honest with you...HAL is a little on the boring side, even compared to Celebrity. HAL entertainment leaves alot to be desired. HAL doesn't really have any venues that have the feel of the martini bar at night on Celebrity, and the ships aren't quite as impressive as Celebrity.

But that said, I think HAL's service is on par with Celebrity. I wouldn't say it's any better or any worse....just equal. I do recommend trying it for yourself but if I were to place money on it, I'd bet you walk away still prefering Celebrity.

Nothing on high seas is closer to the best maritime traditions in design and service than the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam (except Cunard of course).

I don't agree with that opinion at all.

So we have cruised a lot but only on Royal and Celebrity. we got a great deal for the Eurodam and really want to try out Holland. Celebrity is our favorite because we like the white glove treatment and we are not fans of younger cruisers. (We are in our 30's and prefer older than us) Anyway, Would Holland be a great fit. The other thing we love about Celebrity is their amazing unlimited beverages package but I have heard that Holland's isn't that great. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

I'm going out on a limb and say you sound like a great fit for Hal. We have cruise Celebrity and like them alot, but still prefer Hal.

Think you will love the Eurodam, please come back and tell us all about your cruise.