Heathrow coach station

LHT28

That's one of the reasons why I suggested the "plan B" of waiting in the hotel until it's time to clear security and go to the gate.

Another possibility, if you feel like possibly treating yourselves, is to ask at check-in whether there are any special offer upgrades for cash. Sometimes these are sold at something like £500 per person each way (for WT+ to Club World). If you were to accept an offer, then you'd be entitled to use any of the Galleries Club lounges, as well as flying in Club of course.

Yes we have done that with other carriers ...sometimes it works sometime not ;)

Shopping is always an option LOL

Edited by LHT28

We have a sort of B+ plan. If we are on a midday flight, we normally stay at the Sofitel (both at T5 and Gatwick North) and check in on line the previous day.

However where I think we diverge from other plans mentioned here, which seem to work on the principle of dropping the bags off and then going through security, we drop the bags off before having breakfast in the hotel.

What we do is, once we have shut the cases for the last time, I leave my wife in the hotel and take the bags to the bag drop while she relaxes in our room at the Sofitel.

Then when I return, we have a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before checking out and going through security at around 10am.

Having said that I have to say, that whilst at Gatwick the bag drop opens to all at 5am, at T5 BA say that, unless you are in business class (Club World), the bag drop does not open until three hours before the scheduled flight departure time. However, in practice I suspect you will be able to drop off your bags as soon as they open airport check-in desks.

What does need commenting on by Globaliser, is whether or not you will both need to go bag drop. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this as we normally have a total of three checked bags and an allowance of three bags each which means I can present them all as my bags at the bag drop.

Thanks for the info

The flight is 1pm so I think as long as we check in day before & get through the check points before 11am we are good

we will probably be earlier as I am a nervous Nelly about the lines & security

Once I am near the gate I can relax ;)

We will probably check 1 bag each & just take the small carry on with us

I doubt I will be able to do the cruise & stay with carry-on's

I start out with good intentions but end up getting the larger bags out :D

We are doing a 1 week cruise in Nov ..definitely doing only carry-on .... ;)

Lyn

What does need commenting on by Globaliser, is whether or not you will both need to go bag drop. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this as we normally have a total of three checked bags and an allowance of three bags each which means I can present them all as my bags at the bag drop.
Sorry, I don't know this for sure because I have the same "problem" as you. But given how automated BA's systems are at T5, I would work on the basis that one passenger can't drop bags which must be tagged to another passenger for allowance reasons.