Celebrity Constellation

iamcruisingagain

Booked a guarantee inside (my first time booking a guarantee) for 12/13/2014 in August. Just got my cabin assignment = The absolute, and I mean absolute, WORST cabin on the ship

#2183. It must have been my luck day.

LESSON LEARNED NEVER BOOK A GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!

Guess I'll bring my pillow and blanket and sleep on the deck.

Anyone ever had the pleasure of this cabin.

Edited by iamcruisingagain

Booked a guarantee inside (my first time booking a guarantee) for 12/13/2014 in August. Just got my cabin assignment = The absolute, and I mean absolute, WORST cabin on the ship

Keep checking cabin availabilty. If you see a better one in the same category you can request a change at no additional cost.

I'd be interested to know why you think this is a terrible cabin?

After seeing your post I decided to go and look to see where this stateroom can be found on the deck plan layout. It is actually tucked away at the aft of the ship and while it is close to stairs and an elevator bank, it appears to have the stateroom door positioned such that you would not get very much foot traffic.

I then proceeded to look at the cabin M-Class cabin "sticky" to see what, if anything, was said about this stateroom. While not an actual cabin review for 2183, there was this post for a stateroom 2174 review on Infinity. Since the Infinity and Constellation have similar deck plans, I would imagine that this review has some merits that put this room in a more positive light for you. Here is a link to the review thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42602861&postcount=106

So, with all that said... I hope you can look to the positives of your room assignment.

However, if there are other Category 12 rooms available on your itinerary, you could call Celebrity (or your travel agent) to see about being re-assigned to a different room in that category.

OR, you can request to be put back in the "unassigned pool" for a later assignment. However, that may not turn up to be any better than what you currently have been assigned.

Hopefully other cruisers more familiar with Deck 2 AFT cabins can help you out.

• 1 month later...

Rule number one about booking a guarantee, assume you will get the worst cabin on the ship and if you don't think you'll be happy with that then don't book a guarantee.

I've booked a number of guarantees and even though I've received some "bad" cabins, the truth is there are NO bad cabins when you are on a cruise ship :p

I've been on Deck 2 of the Millenium (inside cabin) and of the Connie (outside) and I have to say I'd book Deck 2 again. It's in a convenient location and very quiet. The only concern I would have about your cabin is the "white space" on the deck plans above your cabin. I am guessing it is the kitchen area but can't say for sure.

It looks like your cruise is sold out so there probably isn't much you can do other than accept what fate has given you and try not to be negative about it. I also assume you saved some $ by booking a guarantee... enjoy the savings and perhaps treat yourself to a nice meal on board at the Tuscan.

Edited by RickT