Calofornia Coastal Cruise in February??

cruiseintoheaven

So this seems kind of like a silly question, based on the results of a Google search on temps in San Diego, Ensenada, LA, Catalina Island....but feeling compelled to ask the question based on the low air and cabin fares, and the fact that February is a quiet month for us. So.....I won't even ask if it's cold, I'll just ask, of those that have done them, how cold is it??? (Feel like I should insert a joke here). Thanks, Lynn:)

So this seems kind of like a silly question, based on the results of a Google search on temps in San Diego, Ensenada, LA, Catalina Island....but feeling compelled to ask the question based on the low air and cabin fares, and the fact that February is a quiet month for us. So.....I won't even ask if it's cold, I'll just ask, of those that have done them, how cold is it??? (Feel like I should insert a joke here). Thanks, Lynn:)

I'm sure it is warmer than Indiana in February, in any case ;). Southern CA and Baja can be warmish and sunny or cool and rainy in February, depending on storm activity. We have been in a drought in recent years, but are hoping that will end soon.

Bottom line, you are taking your chances if you want beach weather, but there certainly won't be snow or ice here.

We live in San Diego. February should be very nice. It will be cool in early morning and evening but 70's and sunny in the middle of the day. Thanks to our drought condition I wouldn't expect rain. The ocean will be too cold for swimming but great for tidepooling or walks. If you go inland, say the Wild Animal Park, it will be warmer.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

We live in San Diego. February should be very nice. It will be cool in early morning and evening but 70's and sunny in the middle of the day. Thanks to our drought condition I wouldn't expect rain. The ocean will be too cold for swimming but great for tidepooling or walks. If you go inland, say the Wild Animal Park, it will be warmer.

Thanks bwaz, and other posters, for the replies. I may keep this on the short lis and watch fares, weather trends. :)

Although Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston doesn't have specialty restaurants, they do have Chef's Table, a lovely elegant dinner with their head chef for a small group in a private dining room. It would be perfect.

We did the four day up to Santa Barbara then Ensenada back in March.....weather was perfect everywhere. There were NO marine layers at sea any of our mornings even off the Santa Barbara coast, sea day was sunny and beautiful....Ensenada we got 40mph winds that even delayed our departure that day. Weather is something that can be anything.....luck of the draw.....you're gonna make the best of it either way.....:)

You're in Indiana OP. For you, it won't seem cold. For those of us in So. Cal, anything under 65 is COLD :eek: and that's probably the coldest it'll get.

February is historically our wettest month but with as dry as it's been lately, I wouldn't expect a lot of rain but you have a better chance of it than other months.

All you'll need is a sweatjacket/sweater/windbreaker type thing for outer wear.

We did the four day up to Santa Barbara then Ensenada back in March.....weather was perfect everywhere. There were NO marine layers at sea any of our mornings even off the Santa Barbara coast, sea day was sunny and beautiful....Ensenada we got 40mph winds that even delayed our departure that day. Weather is something that can be anything.....luck of the draw.....you're gonna make the best of it either way.....:)

Thanks for the reply - I think there are some departures in March as well as February so I'll keep your experience in mind, and yep - in terms of weather, hope for the best and plan for the worst. :)

You're in Indiana OP. For you, it won't seem cold. For those of us in So. Cal, anything under 65 is COLD :eek: and that's probably the coldest it'll get.

February is historically our wettest month but with as dry as it's been lately, I wouldn't expect a lot of rain but you have a better chance of it than other months.

All you'll need is a sweatjacket/sweater/windbreaker type thing for outer wear.

Dh and are both upstate NY transplants, so 65 degrees is downright balmy to us....lol. Thanks for the reply!

It is not beach weather until June. So even if you're a hardy soul, don't expect to see too many people on the beach during the winter. And hopefully, all those doing rain dances will have some sort of effect as we really need the rain here. You won't hear too many Angelenos complaining if there's some downpours.