Bella Experience

janie315

We booked a cruise serveral months ago on the Divina for a spring cruise. We are all on Deck 5 which is now considered the Bella tier in MSC new class of rating cabins. We now only get cabin service one a day - no turn down service at night and now they added a $3.95 charge for room service along with a few other cut back in this tier. This is a little disappointing since we booked prior to this change with MSC. I wonder if they will still charge us the same gratuity per day since we are getting fewer services! lol Just vending!

We booked a cruise serveral months ago on the Divina for a spring cruise. We are all on Deck 5 which is now considered the Bella tier in MSC new class of rating cabins. We now only get cabin service one a day - no turn down service at night and now they added a $3.95 charge for room service along with a few other cut back in this tier. This is a little disappointing since we booked prior to this change with MSC. I wonder if they will still charge us the same gratuity per day since we are getting fewer services! lol Just vending!

If you don't want to pay gratuities just go to the service desk and have them removed. Since you booked early maybe those cutbacks will not apply to you.

My understanding was that if you booked before it was introduced, then you will not be on the Bella experience but the old deal. Has MSC told you, you have been changed over to this?

Just found this online:

How will the Inclusive Experiences work with with pre-existing bookings?

If you have booked an interior, ocean view or balcony stateroom before September 23, 2014, you will automatically receive the Fantastica Experience without the drink vouchers. Customers who have booked MSC Yacht Club suites will automatically receive the MSC Yacht Club Experience.

Sounds like you will be offered the Fantastica Experience

Below is the FAQ addy:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Multimedia/MSC-Cruises-New-Pricing-Faq.aspx#msc10

Fireeater - Thanks for that link! We could move to the next category but that would be $360 which we felt was alot of money since we were going to purchase the 12 drinks vouchers for @$72.00. Riclop - I would never remove the tips from these workers - they really work very hard. But thank you for your suggestion!

Fireeater - Thanks for that link! We could move to the next category but that would be $360 which we felt was alot of money since we were going to purchase the 12 drinks vouchers for @$72.00. Riclop - I would never remove the tips from these workers - they really work very hard. But thank you for your suggestion!

I took it as a free bump up at no extra charge since you booked before the change over....I could be wrong....

I took it as a free bump up at no extra charge since you booked before the change over....I could be wrong....

It is a free bump but as the only thing worth much is the drink coupons and they are not given to the existing booking people the bump is not worth too much unless you plan on eating meals in your cabin... which I certainly don't on my cruise

I hate to disillusion you but the 'daily hotel charge', as MSC term it, pays the wages. It is an industry-wide practice. The line merely guarantees to make up any shortfall to the contracted minimum wages due to people removing their 'tips' or insufficient people onboard. If there is a surplus, part of it is shared, part kept by the line. The house will surely win.

MSC are explicit in discouraging personal tipping because most of their market is European and Europeans won't tip and pay a daily charge. A certain proportion of people withdrawing their daily charge would upset the system - MSC would have to make up more wages.

Finally on this off-topic, if you do give a personal tip, do it very discretely. Receiving a tip without putting it into the communal bucket (to pay the wages) is a sacking offence. If you leave a personal gift, give it with a note otherwise it may be regarded as theft - another sacking offence. I have witnessed staff being searched as they come off duty.

Edited by Skipper Tim

We finally got all our questions answered - thanks again to FireEater! We booked prior to Sept. 23, 2014 so we will get all the services with the exception of the drink package that we can purchase on our own. As I said in a prior post that I would NEVER remove their daily tips. These folks work so hard and deserve every penny! Thank you Skipper Tim for the tip on tipping them extra at the end of the cruise to do it discretely. I usually bring some cards from home but this time I may have them put the extra money in their shoe!! Thanks again everyone for answering my questions!

I am trying to do a booking for a cruise in bella category. My travel agent informs me that if we book on bella, we cannot choose the cabin. It will be allocated from MSC. She says this is a difference with Fantastica. Is this correct?

Straight from the MSC cruises agent site:

*Can customers choose their stateroom with the Bella Experience?

Yes. Customers can request their stateroom upon booking; however, the request will be honored for the staterooms that are allocated to the Bella Experience. Please see deck plans for more information.

Straight from the MSC cruises agent site:

*Can customers choose their stateroom with the Bella Experience?

Yes. Customers can request their stateroom upon booking; however, the request will be honored for the staterooms that are allocated to the Bella Experience. Please see deck plans for more information.

Thanks!

Bella details taken from the UK website.

COMFORT

· Dream cruises on board modern ships with the Masters of the sea

· Elegant cabins equipped with every convenience

FOOD & DRINKS BENEFITS

· Premium 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)

· Wide variety of special restaurants serving Mediterranean and international dishes

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

· Broadway-style theatre shows available almost every day

· Pool area

· Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking Track, Basketball…)

· Extremely well-equipped gym with panoramic view

· Entertainment activities

· Entertainment for infants and children (Clubs)

SERVICES

· Qualified multilingual personnel

FLEXIBILITY

· Preference of cabin* (subject to availability)

· Choice of dinner seating (subject to availability)

OTHER PRIVILEGES

· Earn MSC Club points

*For further details, please refer to the Terms and Conditions

Edited by sidari