Leave in 9 days - questions on Cruise Air

First RCI cruise on 10/13.

We reserved our flights through Cruise Air. I've got our seats booked for our arrival and departure flights. I will do my online check in with Virgin and print our boarding passes the day before we fly.

Do I have to do anything else with Cruise Air? The reason I ask is that while reading through the Cruise Ticket Booklet under "preparing for your journey" there is a paragraph that states "to verify airport check in please log onto www.choiceair.com/checkmytrip." I tried that but it would not open my reservation. Is this just over kill on the part of RCI? I know have a reservation but I am perplexed by this directive.

Any insight you can provide would be most appreciated.

We just used Choice air Sept 19 and 29th for flights to and from Barcelona I could only check the flights by going directly through the airlines and using my ticket #. Fortunately everything went ok even with a layover in Chicago after the fires. Not saying we didn't have to run through the airport like crazy people because of the close connection times and the pilot doing a last minute gate switch!LOL all is good!

I appreciate the response - sounds like you had quite the adventure going through Chicago which has always been "challenging" for us in the past. Luckily we will not be making a connection. This is a direct from JFK NY to Heathrow.

We used Cruise Air as they had the best price...did you find that as well?

Yes I thought I got an awesome deal! Pit to Barcelona through travel sites had been averaging $1200 Choice Air was about $1000 one night that price dropped to $780 I jumped on it as I was paying for 6 tickets! Needless to say I was HAPPY wish I could get another deal like that!

We just used Choice air Sept 19 and 29th for flights to and from Barcelona I could only check the flights by going directly through the airlines and using my ticket #. Fortunately everything went ok even with a layover in Chicago after the fires. Not saying we didn't have to run through the airport like crazy people because of the close connection times and the pilot doing a last minute gate switch!LOL all is good!

You didn't have a Confirmation Number from the Airline to Check on your flights?

Yes we did have a confirmation # with the airlines just never could go through Choice Air for the information. My son-in law checked our flights and everything looked good before we left, then checked while in Philadelphia and our gates were SUPPOSED to be right next to each other, but as the pilot pulled up to the gate he said "sorry there was a last minute gate change" making us at a completely different wing of the airport!

Yes we did have a confirmation # with the airlines just never could go through Choice Air for the information. My son-in law checked our flights and everything looked good before we left, then checked while in Philadelphia and our gates were SUPPOSED to be right next to each other, but as the pilot pulled up to the gate he said "sorry there was a last minute gate change" making us at a completely different wing of the airport!

Once you've booked your flights through Choice Air and you are given your confirmation number from the airline, then your dealings with CA are done. Now you can go directly to the airline's website and check for any changes to your reservation.

Unfortunately last minute Gate Changes happen all the time. Glad you made your connection.