Italian Specialty

DesertPesce7751

Why confused? :confused:

Although Canaletto didn't knock our socks off, if we were going to be on a ship for an entire month, I'm sure we'd probably try it once for something different. Heck, we might even eat in the Lido for dinner one night. :eek: :D

See you on board sometime. :):)

This blog post has pictures and details of the updated Canaletto meun (from when it was being tested on the Oosterdam: http://www.travelingwiththejones.com/2014/05/17/a-look-at-holland-americas-updated-canaletto-restaurant-menu/

My traveling groups' opinion: the food was much better than the prior menu, but the "sharing" concept makes it difficult to get the food you want. (We just over-ordered to solve that problem so that everyone got what they wanted.)

The other challenge is the Lido location - we were rushed through the meal with an 8:30 reservation because they wanted to get ready for breakfast.

Still, a nice change of pace on longer cruises.

Goodmorning!

Question? In regards to sharing, since they suggest sharing my husband and I our tastes are different, so with the large plate I would want to order something different. I would pay extra if necessary, but would they allow that? We will miss Osso Bucco 😱

3 STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam western/ eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Goodmorning!

Question? In regards to sharing, since they suggest sharing my husband and I our tastes are different, so with the large plate I would want to order something different. I would pay extra if necessary, but would they allow that? We will miss Osso Bucco 😱

3 STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam western/ eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

They are very accommodating to ensure you have a meal you enjoy and we have never been charged more.

They are very accommodating to ensure you have a meal you enjoy and we have never been charged more.

Thankyou so much for responding back to my question. We really enjoyed the restaurant while on board the Nieuw last summer in Europe. Do they still come around with a beautiful platter of antipasti appetizers which was placed on your plate prior to dinner? Or has that also changed? Thankyou!

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Thankyou so much for responding back to my question. We really enjoyed the restaurant while on board the Nieuw last summer in Europe. Do they still come around with a beautiful platter of antipasti appetizers which was placed on your plate prior to dinner? Or has that also changed? Thankyou!

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Not automatic anymore but one of the appetizers is Antipasto. Haven't ordered it so not sure how it is presented.