Upgrade off through email- took it!

pjhootch

I just happened to look in my junk email folder, and noticed an email "upgrade offer" from 9/30. We had our grown daughters booked into an inside cabin on Panorama deck. We are in a balcony cabin on Panorama. The girls started out on Riviera deck when we booked in June. I took advantage of a price drop and sale to move them up to Panorama in July or August.

This offer was for a balcony room for $140 total. I clicked on the link thinking either nothing would be available 5 days after the email was sent- OR that the balcony would be several decks below Panorama.

I was wrong on both counts. For $140 I was able to move the girls from an inside cabin on Panorama to a balcony on Panorama. Just crazy. Their cabin is $300 less than we paid for our balcony on the same deck. :D

That's great I have read other posts that they have tried to do the same thing and that they were unable to because the offer had expired. We are booked Gar. balcony for the 25th of this month sure would love to have a chance for an upgrade.

I'm not going to tell them about it. I am just going to check them in and let them figure it out on their own. One is 33 and the other is 23. They are used to being crammed with their 23 year old brother into an inside cabin in the bowels of the ship! That's the price they pay for mom and dad taking them on vacation, and they are very happy to pay it. So this trip will be total luxury since their brother is busy with college and now they have a balcony.

I have never had any luck with price drops or upgrade offers in years of cruising, so I am pretty stoked that this time things worked in our favor!