Crown lounge chairs in the shade FACING THE SEA?

tjcletsgo

On the Golden last October, there were no lounge chairs in the shade where you could look out at the sea. I haven't done "sun" in decades and don't want to do it on the Crown. Where can I go to watch for whales on the Crown?

Thanks so much for your help~

Janie

Edited by tjcletsgo

There were times when some of the lounge chairs on the tiered deck at the back of the ship (outside of Sabatini's) would be in the shade. Sometimes the lounge chairs on the sides of the ship on deck 7 or 8 ??? would be shady.

Hubby and I prefer sitting in the shade while our friends preferred sitting in the sun. There were times when, somehow, we both got our preferences at the same time while sitting on the lounge chairs at the back of the ship. Since those are out in the open, it depended on the direction of the sun and direction the ship was sailing.

I'm a bit confused -- weren't there loungers near the pool on Lido Deck that were under the Sun Deck overhang? There have been on every other ship I've been on. You'll find them by both the Neptune and Calypso pools on Crown, although you'll have to endure MUTS noise at Calypso.

Of course, the loungers will be facing inwards, but there's no law that says you can't turn them around to face out to sea.

There are also lounge chairs up on the Sun Deck that are placed around the wind breaking plastic panels that will be in the shade depending on the direction of the ship and its relation to the sun. And those loungers already face the sea without the need to spin them around!

There are also some old style steamer chairs arranged all along the Promenade on Deck 7. One side or the other (or both) should always be in the shade. I find it a wonderful place to just sit and watch the sea ... although there will be walkers and joggers crossing your path occasionally. Also, smoking is permitted on the Port side, if that is a concern for you.

There are also loungers lined up along the glass partitions overlooking the sea on the Sun Deck area that is sort of beneath the funnel (that is, aft of the two main pools). One side or the other will almost always be in shade. And, there is a fairly large open sun/lounge area on the Sports Deck outside the Sanctuary, and a portion of this area is often in the shade, especially in the afternoons. While the loungers are typically angled facing fore and/or aft in these two areas, as someone else said, you can simply switch them around; there's often plenty of space, especially on the shaded side.

And finally, I think the ideal place for what you're looking for would be the Sanctuary. Unfortunately, there is a charge for this, as you probably know.

Just a few thoughts. Hope that helps.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere