Princess Transfers LAX ?

Gallivanting Souls

Flying in the day before cruise out of LAX. Have purchased Princess Transfers r/t. Staying at La Quinta LAX. They have free shuttle to/from airport and got a great price. My question, do I put into the cruise personalizer that we are flying in the same day or day before? Correct flights, etc? Something else? Just show up some where?

It says that I bought the transfers, but no details about them. (still early) cruise is Jan 17th.

I have heard that we could possibly get one of the shuttle services for a few bucks cheaper, but I really don't want to have to worry about being late over a few bucks.

Can you do the Princess transfers one way only? (to the ship) and use the shuttle the way back?

Thank you!

Yes, you can do the Princess transfer one way, or both ways. We used Super Shuttle van service last time and they were flawless. The vans run every 20 minutes or so, and you can make your reservation online. You can get the shuttle whenever you are ready to leave the airport area and head down to the pier. I think our flight landed at 10:30 and we were to the port within an hour. No worries...

Yes, you can do the Princess transfer one way, or both ways. We used Super Shuttle van service last time and they were flawless. The vans run every 20 minutes or so, and you can make your reservation online. You can get the shuttle whenever you are ready to leave the airport area and head down to the pier. I think our flight landed at 10:30 and we were to the port within an hour. No worries...

We also use Super Shuttle and book online. Easy and reliable. The last time we returned from cruise in to LA it was super organized and efficient.

Flying in the day before cruise out of LAX. Have purchased Princess Transfers r/t. Staying at La Quinta LAX. They have free shuttle to/from airport and got a great price. My question, do I put into the cruise personalizer that we are flying in the same day or day before? Correct flights, etc? Something else? Just show up some where?

It says that I bought the transfers, but no details about them. (still early) cruise is Jan 17th.

I have heard that we could possibly get one of the shuttle services for a few bucks cheaper, but I really don't want to have to worry about being late over a few bucks.

Can you do the Princess transfers one way only? (to the ship) and use the shuttle the way back?

Thank you!

You are flying into LAX one day early and then sailing from San Pedro, Correct? What I would do is transfer from LAX to San Pedro on the same day you land at the airport. There are three hotels in San Pedro right by the pier, Doubletree, Crown Plaza, both medium priced and the Sunrise Hotel, lower priced. All these hotels offer free shuttles to the ship, which is only mins. away. Take Super Shuttle or Prime time from the airport to the hotel. I would not stay at the airport, it's 45 mins away from the pier.

If you have to stay at the airport, take a private cab from the hotel to the pier, or take one of the group shuttles. You can take the hotel's airport shuttle back to LAX then grab either Prime Time or Super Shuttle. A group shuttle is about $20/pp and they run all the time to the piers. Take the shuttle about 9am and you should not have any time issues.

You are flying into LAX one day early and then sailing from San Pedro, Correct? What I would do is transfer from LAX to San Pedro on the same day you land at the airport. There are three hotels in San Pedro right by the pier, Doubletree, Crown Plaza, both medium priced and the Sunrise Hotel, lower priced. All these hotels offer free shuttles to the ship, which is only mins. away. Take Super Shuttle or Prime time from the airport to the hotel. I would not stay at the airport, it's 45 mins away from the pier.

If you have to stay at the airport, take a private cab from the hotel to the pier, or take one of the group shuttles. You can take the hotel's airport shuttle back to LAX then grab either Prime Time or Super Shuttle. A group shuttle is about $20/pp and they run all the time to the piers. Take the shuttle about 9am and you should not have any time issues.

Personally, I wouldn't stay by LAX unless I have an early morning flight out the next day. The area is filled with strip malls (and you can take that literally:eek:).

Why not switch to a hotel by the Port of LA? Many cruise passengers stay at the San Pedro Doubletree and Crowne Plaza hotels and they'll get a free shuttle to the World Cruise Center the next day. A lot less traffic to deal with, and probably a bit easier than dealing with a Princess transfer.

And if you want to get some wine or other things before your cruise, there are stores in San Pedro that you might be able to walk to or you can use the free hotel shuttle.