RCCL Secret Sands Beach Excursion..

Redsfan

• 1 month later...
We just booked this excursion for our Feb 6 cruise. Sure looks like a nice place. Folks are saying they had drinks and snacks but nothing is mentioned on RC site? Great reviews from everyone about it though.

Things can always change but we had the drinks/snacks in October and they were not mentioned on the excursion description.

• 2 weeks later...
Glad we are booked for this on Celebrity in Jan 06....looks really beautiful.

Appreciate the posts and beautiful photos!

We were there a couple of weeks ago. It was GREAT!! We did have drinks, soda and some snacks the guide brought with him for us. I am the one that makes ALL the decisions on what we do when we cruise. Nobody else wants too. Anyway, I was happy that I made the decision to go. You won't regret going. The fish swam around us as we wondered out in the clear water. Snorkel gear was provided for us to use. We plan to do it again, it was that good.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am thinking of booking this excursion on my May 14th sailing on the Oasis. The day we are in St Thomas there are 3 other ships there and I thought this might be a good, less crowded beach option for me, my husband and 5 yr old son. If anyone has been there recently can you please share your experience and any tips you could share. Thanks!

We were there this past Tuesday (Oasis, 5 ships in port). Beautiful bay, a narrow strip of soft white sand, plenty of space for your lounge chair in the sun or in the shade of the trees which surround the beach. New bathroom facilities with fresh water showers.

With the Royal excursion you get 2.5 hours at the beach, punch with or without rum, soda, water, and chairs. Some sand toys for the kids. The time goes by fast.

We brought our own snorkel gear, saw a few fish out by the reef. Kids did fine with snorkel vests.

The ride to and from the beach was an added adventure. :)

Overall we enjoyed the excursion, we booked the 11am tour, and we'd consider doing it again. It was a quiet, picturesque, uncrowded beach day.

• 1 year later...

Hello, can you give me pleaso more information about this tour, my husband and I are going this August on the Allure of the seas for our 15 year aniversary and we are looking for a real nice beach on St Thomas.

We have been before to Magnes Bay and it was really nice but just a little crowded so we hope to find a extra especial beach break in a very beautifil beach, it would be very nice if it has a place to have some drinks and snaks.

Allso please tell me if you know if there is any nice beach club available in St Thomas.

Thank you, hope I read you soon

Alicia

Taxi is $10pp each way to, you'd just hop a taxi at the dock as directed by the taxi coordinator or driver going in that direction. You can also look for the bus but that can take more time and the taxi is quick. There will be taxis stopping in the parking lot at Lindqvist, and you can also flag down a passing taxi or even the $2 bus for the return and save $24.
Does anyone know how much the taxi fare is from Crown's Bay to Lindqvist each way. There are 5 of us. We would also have the $25 park fee for the 5 of us. Assumption is that the bathrooms are open on Sundays. We are about 70% set on just going to Emerald Beach due to its location and the ability to rent chairs. The total both ways for cab fare ($50) is a positive, also.

One other question since we arrive this coming Sunday with only 1 ship in port......we are thinking that a trip to downtown would not make much since. Thoughts? Our thinking is that we do not want to wait until the afternoon to go to the beach. Plan is to hit a beach as soon as we can and if I understand correctly, most of the shops downtown are only open half a day on Sunday?

Edited by baileybrad

• 10 months later...