RCCL Secret Sands Beach Excursion..

Redsfan

I don't see one for 8;30?

TIME 12:45 PM - 4:30 PM

Secret Sands Beach Exclusive And Skyline Drive

CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS

DAY 4 02 Dec 2015

Is this the one or am I missing what you are asking?

I don't see one for 8;30?

TIME 12:45 PM - 4:30 PM

Secret Sands Beach Exclusive And Skyline Drive

CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS

DAY 4 02 Dec 2015

Is this the one or am I missing what you are asking?

we are on the dec 20 jewel sailing and it shows an 830 and a 1245

my kid are tweens and very fickle so they may not even want to get off the ship so I'm thinking of just walking off and grabbing a cab

Last time we went on a cruise the shore excursions tended to be early morning. That put some strain on our day over all do to we were up late. I cought some fleck from the group, so this time I made our excursions later in the day. This excursion shows high marks from others that have done this.

Last time we went on a cruise the shore excursions tended to be early morning. That put some strain on our day over all do to we were up late. I cought some fleck from the group, so this time I made our excursions later in the day. This excursion shows high marks from others that have done this.

Thanks! I ended up booking just to have the reservation

figure I can always cancel

Thanks! I ended up booking just to have the reservation

figure I can always cancel

check out YouTube sometime. type in your excursion, ship what ever may pertain to your cruise. Chances are, there will be a video that someone took that already has done your cruise or excursion. Its fun to watch. It may give you information that will help you decide on what to do during your cruise vacation. I do it all the time. Just a thought.

check out YouTube sometime. type in your excursion, ship what ever may pertain to your cruise. Chances are, there will be a video that someone took that already has done your cruise or excursion. Its fun to watch. It may give you information that will help you decide on what to do during your cruise vacation. I do it all the time. Just a thought.

http://www.******************.com/podcast/episode-114-st-thomas#.VhVvKHpViko

The link above is a very interesting podcast. Its all about St. Thomas. One hundred thirteen before it may be interesting to you too.

Lindqvist/Smith Bay is one of the easiest beaches to do on your own. You can take a taxi and it is also on the safari route. Just don't ask to go to "Secret Sands" as locals do not know that name. There is a minimal charge for entry as it is part of the territorial park system.

how much would a taxi be for 3-4 people? are there taxis for the return trip?

thanks!

Taxi is $10pp each way, you'd just hop a taxi at the dock as directed by the taxi coordinator or driver going in that direction. You can also look for the bus but that can take more time and the taxi is quick. There will be taxis stopping in the parking lot at Lindqvist, and you can also flag down a passing taxi or even the $2 bus for the return and save $24.

Are there any chairs and/or umbrellas or food options available? I know they just built some bathrooms/showers.

We will be doing a snorkeling excursion in the morning, but that ends at 11:30 and departs back by the ships. So, we should get there around noon-ish, is this doable given potential crowds?

Also - how "clean" is the beach? Meaning no trash, cigarette butts, etc. in the sand? thanks!

Are there any chairs and/or umbrellas or food options available? I know they just built some bathrooms/showers.

We will be doing a snorkeling excursion in the morning, but that ends at 11:30 and departs back by the ships. So, we should get there around noon-ish, is this doable given potential crowds?

Also - how "clean" is the beach? Meaning no trash, cigarette butts, etc. in the sand? thanks!

From what I've read, there are no food options available. On the excursion they bring drinks, snacks, but suggest you bring a sandwich. It's supposed to be pretty undeveloped! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I just went on this excursion so can answer any questions if anyone still has them. I had a hard time finding info on this before I went.

What drinks and snacks were provided by the excursio guides? I assume you did this excursion through the cruise line? Was there an area for snorkeling? Any chairs provided?

I just went on this excursion so can answer any questions if anyone still has them. I had a hard time finding info on this before I went.

It's a relatively "new" excursion and as you found Lindqvist is a gorgeous beach. For others considering this ship excursion, if you don't require a lounge it is very easy to go on your own as well, $10 taxi each way from Havensight, and you can grab a cooler and a great lunch at Gourmet Gallery at the dock. Walk down the beach and lay a towel on the sand and you're in paradise. Just another option for those that prefer to go on their own! :)

Edited by blue_water

Yes it is for sure a gorgeous beach. I loved the excursion. My only complaint was time, as you only get 2.5 hours at the beach. Then you drive to the top of skyline drive and stop to take photos for 10 mins and then go back to the ship.

The beach has wonderful views of the mountains. There was only about 10 other people there besides our excursion (in late October). As for teens, well they would have to love a quiet beach, for laying out, swimming or snorkeling. There is no food for purchase, no music/party atmosphere and no sports rentals.

The excursion uses a safari bus to get you there and gives you a bracelet so that they know who is on he excursion when you are at the beach. Chairs are provided for those on the excursion but as of now (October 2015) they were not available to rent if you were there on your own.

There is a guide that stays on the beach with you. He has bottled water, canned soda, canned beer, cups of rum punch and packages of crackers. You can have as much as you want of all and there is no extra cost, however he did remind everyone a couple times that he expected a tip.

I thought this was a great excursion overall.

Yes it is for sure a gorgeous beach. I loved the excursion. My only complaint was time, as you only get 2.5 hours at the beach. Then you drive to the top of skyline drive and stop to take photos for 10 mins and then go back to the ship

Yes the big plus with going on your own is you decide when you leave as taxis stop in to return folks to the docks. But at Lindqvist you do need to take the ship excursion to get the lounges and drinks, and that excursion works for folks wanting to do something else after like Paradise Point or shopping.