I Know... I know...

The Inspiration is not the fanciest ship.

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles.

It doesn't have the most exciting itinerary. (Catalina/Ensenada)

It's Older

It's a party waiting to happen.

BUT... I am just thankful for the opportunity to be able to take this cruise. To give this and a Disneyland trip (5 total nights plus Mickey's Halloween party) to my wife for her (unspecified) Birthday.

I deploy about every 12-15 months and the time we spend together is whats important. We did the 7 day Dream cruise in December 2013 for a postponed honeymoon trip; sandwiched in between 2 other deployments. We had a blast and enjoyed the ship and it's newness and awesomeness.

I understand that some things can make a cruise less than perfect. Some may even ruin the whole trip. But a day on a cruise ship is still better than a day at work; especially when that work can be doing work in a foreign hot "non" oasis.

So in 3 days we will set sail on the Inspiration. Knowing full well that she isn't the newest or grandest. But for 3 days, she will be ours. And she will be just perfect! God Bless

We all appreciate your heartfelt post, and I know you'll enjoy your cruise! Safe travels.

We loved the Inspiration :) We did a halloween cruise on her a couple years ago, took all 5 of our boys and had a great time, the ship was small enough to find everything without looking too hard and big enough not to feel crowded. This sounds like a wonderful trip, a nice cruise along with Mickey at Halloween, who could ask for more, enjoy!!!!

It's Older

BUT... I am just thankful for the opportunity to be able to take this cruise. To give this and a Disneyland trip (5 total nights plus Mickey's Halloween party) to my wife for her (unspecified) Birthday.

I deploy about every 12-15 months and the time we spend together is whats important. We did the 7 day Dream cruise in December 2013 for a postponed honeymoon trip; sandwiched in between 2 other deployments. We had a blast and enjoyed the ship and it's newness and awesomeness.

I understand that some things can make a cruise less than perfect. Some may even ruin the whole trip. But a day on a cruise ship is still better than a day at work; especially when that work can be doing work in a foreign hot "non" oasis.

So in 3 days we will set sail on the Inspiration. Knowing full well that she isn't the newest or grandest. But for 3 days, she will be ours. And she will be just perfect! God Bless

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Be safe on your next deployment! Aim High!!

Thank you so much for your service and your family's sacrifices.And may God watch over and protect you and bring you home safely so you can enjoy many many more fantastic vacations with your wonderful wife.

Daughter of 33 yr.Army veteran,and mother of 21 yr. AirForce veteran,& 11 yr.medically retired Army veteran.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's Older

Thanks for serving and have a great cruise.

I was on the Inspiration in October of last year and loved every minute of it! Ironically, also went to Disneyland that trip too, it was awesome at Halloween!

Enjoy your trip, it sounds like your expectations are set correctly if you ask me you're set to have a great time.

Thank you for your service.

Edited by xplnusa

Thank you everybody for the well wishes and the gratitude for my service. You all have touched me in a very significant way. Enlisting was a choice. One which I've questioned at different times throughout my 18+ years of service. It is an honor and a blessing to serve this great Country. Happy Thursday!