X wont let me buy alchohol packsge

vaguy22

Am going on a full ship charter Feb 1 on Silhouette and X wont let me buy an alcohol package.Are they greedy and want me to buy the drinks one at a time and make more money, or are they afraid that I will try to drink the ship dry. When the group that I am with(Atlantis Events) charted the Allure Of The Seas a few years ago, a bartender told me that more drinks were sold in 24 hours then all week on a regular cruise. You would think either way X makes a lot of money.

Sounds to me that your complaint should not be with Celebrity...

But with the Group who has chartered the ship

When TPTB organize an event, they work out the Terms & Conditions of the deal in the Negotiations

Looks like your Charter Group agreed to the No Bevvy Pkg clause

So your frustration / angst is misplaced

Cheers!

Am going on a full ship charter Feb 1 on Silhouette and X wont let me buy an alcohol package.Are they greedy and want me to buy the drinks one at a time and make more money, or are they afraid that I will try to drink the ship dry. When the group that I am with(Atlantis Events) charted the Allure Of The Seas a few years ago, a bartender told me that more drinks were sold in 24 hours then all week on a regular cruise. You would think either way X makes a lot of money.

Not sure what this has to do with Celebrity... When the ship is a full charter, the terms of what is available and not available is chosen and agreed to by the entity that is taking out the Charter. Charter companies can choose to have a fully inclusive package if they so desire.

I think possibly your comment "when the group I am with chartered the AOS a few years ago, a bartender told me that more drinks were sold in 24 hours than all week on a regular cruise" says it all.

Why would they offer an "all you can drink" package when your group is willing to pay by the drink?

Thanks guys your'e probally right. Our group is a party group and large amounts of adult beverages are consumed during the voyage.the way our group parties we should be on Carnival rather than on X!

Thanks guys your'e probally right. Our group is a party group and large amounts of adult beverages are consumed during the voyage.the way our group parties we should be on Carnival rather than on X!

Not really, the group that charters sets the tone no matter what company owns the vehicle being used. They are only useing a Celebrity ship, and it is the quality of the fellow passengers that adds to the Celebrity quality. Your cruise will be no where near, nor should it be expected, to be close to a real Celebrity sailing.

As mentioned Atlantis could have made beverage packages part of the deal. This is not a Celebrity event.

When the group that I am with(Atlantis Events) charted the Allure Of The Seas a few years ago, a bartender told me that more drinks were sold in 24 hours then all week on a regular cruise.

I think you answered your own question with the statement above! 😎

Poor staff :D.

Not really, they are still tipped on total sales, more sales and they send more money home. When our DD worked for RCCL on ship, the tipped staff all wanted to work a charter sailing over a regular one. Plain and simple, the tips are double, and sometimes higher.

Those packages aren't always available for full ship (RSVP, Atlantis, etc) charters. But trust you will still have a good time!