Tell me about Tea Time

GeorgiaMomof4

Did it with my 4 year old, and my mom, aunt, sister and cousin and their two 4 year olds, a 9 year old, and a 2 year old, and it was a big hit. The kids all felt so grown up and fancy.

There were cucumber sandwiches, lox/smoked salmon, macarons (not macaroons - totally different sweet), cream puffs, and a few other items. The little ones that didn't want tea had milk or hot chocolate.

9475334750_e5c7997bc6_m.jpg

I have had afternoon tea on 3 different Carnival ships, but my favorite was on the Sensation. On Glory and Pride it was held in MDR and we were seated at the large long tables with people we didn't know. It felt very rushed. On last tea on the Pride, wait person spilled a lot of hot water when placing my tea pot down and no effort was made to clean it up. I finally put my cloth napkin on it to sop it up. I could see he was in a hurry to continue getting tea pots out. Also person who acted as hostess was not at all friendly and never even smiled. She seemed annoyed when a couple requested to sit at a smaller table next to ours. On Sensation it was held in a lounge or club (can't remember ) It was more intimate because we were seated in comfy lounge chairs around coffee tables. We were seated just with our own group. We had a wonderful piano player who provided soft background music and it was not at all rushed. The little biscuits they serve are not scones but are very good as are the cucumber tea sandwiches. They also served salmon sandwiches, fruit tarts, various cakes,etc. It was very relaxing and fun. Can't say my experiences on the Pride and Glory were as much fun. I think staff members were anxious to set tables for dinner and sitting at those long tables was awkward for some reason. I wish they all held it some other location. I love tea time though and will try again on Pride in April.

It was in the very tiny piano bar.

My expectations were probably too high as I have had an actual "tea" in England a couple of times. I would have preferred scones and clotted cream to the pastries they served.

Oh sad. I love scones. For me, they are the whole point of tea.

Did it with my 4 year old, and my mom, aunt, sister and cousin and their two 4 year olds, a 9 year old, and a 2 year old, and it was a big hit. The kids all felt so grown up and fancy.

9475334750_e5c7997bc6_m.jpg

I was so happy to read this. We'll be cruising with our 4 year-old granddaughter who loves all things grownup. I know she would love this and am delighted to read that they're welcome to tea time. :-)

I've never gone to tea, but I am going to make a point to go next month on Miracle! I've asked my husband to come with me on several occasions, but he's always rolled his eyes at that request. I am going to drag him down the hall this time.

I see you already have lots of photos, I was going to add some.

I'll tell you that earlier in September on the MAGIC, it was CROWDED... But they added more servers and more food and there was plenty to go around!!! I LOVE Tea Time!!!

It's for all ages and genders... It's just a pleasant time to relax and pamper yourself!

It's a good snack mid afternoon, especially if you went to the Sea Day Brunch rather than breakfast & lunch. Still hungry for dinner later. We enjoyed it , & there were lots of families--all behaving nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 years later...
Hi everyone I am taking my first cruise on my birthday April 29 2018! We will be on the Carnival Miracle. I am curious about tea time menu and if it is included in regular free dining.:):)

All the food items are free. You can upgrade your tea to the Art of Tea bags for $1.95. I would suggest to stop at the coffee shop and get the Art of Tea and bring it with you. The water provided is not hot enough to make a great cup of tea.

It was in the very tiny piano bar.

My expectations were probably too high as I have had an actual "tea" in England a couple of times. I would have preferred scones and clotted cream to the pastries they served.

I guess it was the ship . We were on the Dream , it was in MDR with finger sandwiches , scones w cream, pastries. Really nice! On the Dream tomorrow, can't wait to for tea time!

I am excited about Tea too! Yes, you can bring your own tea, which I will be doing. I will also bring my own preserves to put on the clotted cream for the scones. I hope the scones are big & fluffy like the best nes I had in England when I lived there...probably wishful thinking!