Buying the UBP for the Sky?

Cruisin2success

I can't seem to find a way to buy the UBP for our upcoming 3 night cruise on the Sky. Do I have to buy this when I get onboard? And if so, how much is it? Because I think if you buy it ahead of time it's cheaper. Right?

They used to not offer it on the shorter cruises, but have added it back (it was available one the Sept 26th sailing)

It was $65 per day on the 3 day, which seemed pretty steep. They expect that people will drink more on those cruises, I guess.You can't buy it beforehand.

Enjoy your cruise! The Sky is older, but I still enjoy every cruise on her :)

Edited by SuiteCruiser

That price is ridiculous! AND it doesn't include bottled water. AND everyone in the cabin over 21 has to buy it. AND I think this is my first and last NCL cruise. RCI's drink package is way better.

If the price is bad... pay for individual drinks! What's the big deal? It's not your only option...

If the price is bad... pay for individual drinks! What's the big deal? It's not your only option...

Of course I can buy individual drinks. But the big deal is that I was hoping for a reasonably affordable drink package and this is far from it. We have purchased it on Royal Caribbean and it was wonderful. My husband purchased it and I didn't have to, and it was only $55 per person per day including gratuities, and it included bottled water. Bottle water is a big deal!!

@blusun Yes, I confirmed it. The price is $59 + 15% gratuity for a total of $67.85 per day. And not only does everyone in the cabin over the age of 21 have to purchase it, anyone under 21 and over the age of 3 has to buy the soda package. Ridiculous!

I hope someone from NCL checks these boards because they need to know that this is very disappointing. Unless they revamp this package, I'm sticking with RCI.

Of course I can buy individual drinks. But the big deal is that I was hoping for a reasonably affordable drink package and this is far from it. We have purchased it on Royal Caribbean and it was wonderful. My husband purchased it and I didn't have to, and it was only $55 per person per day including gratuities, and it included bottled water. Bottle water is a big deal!!

@blusun Yes, I confirmed it. The price is $59 + 15% gratuity for a total of $67.85 per day. And not only does everyone in the cabin over the age of 21 have to purchase it, anyone under 21 and over the age of 3 has to buy the soda package. Ridiculous!

I hope someone from NCL checks these boards because they need to know that this is very disappointing. Unless they revamp this package, I'm sticking with RCI.

Yep it's cheaper on a longer cruise, but on these "booze cruises" the price goes up. If it's a deal breaker, can you still cancel and go with RCI? It seems that for the most part, those that are unhappy with someone other than their "regular" cruise line will be unhappy with the whole cruise. The UBP has been beat into the ground since it started, NCL is well aware of what the competition is doing and has opted to not change it. I'm guessing that it is also much cheaper to cruise on RCI?

I'm interested in this also and I'm hearing different prices.

Can anyone else confirm if the price is $65 per person per day or $65+15% per person per day?

I was curious, so checked with "My NCL - Gifts & More" on our next 3 cruises.

NCL Sky - (4 day) UBP not listed as an option

Pride of America - UBP not offered

NCL Escape (10 day TransAtlanitc ) for two, including the 15%... $1,242.00 :eek:

I think we'll pass.:)

Edited by $hip$hape

I was curious, so checked with "My NCL - Gifts & More" on our next 3 cruises.

NCL Sky - (4 day) UBP not listed as an option

Pride of America - UBP not offered

NCL Escape (10 day TransAtlanitc ) for two, including the 15%... $1,242.00 :eek:

I think we'll pass.:)

As noted before: 4 day, on board purchase only.

POA, state does not allow UBP.

$62 per day per person with everything added, how much should it be for unlimited alcohol?