Ewr princess transfers

bobontheblue

Flying into Newark October 25 for the Royal repo. Our flight arrives at 9.45am. Princess has the transfers booked for departure to Brooklyn at 12.00 noon. Should we consider hiring a service or just wait out the two hours, Do they in fact leave earlier than 12.00. We are ok either way as New York and the area can be "fun " at the best of times. :)

Traffic on a Saturday shouldn't be a huge problem if you go the private shuttle route, but the fees -- YIKES. Every service I have ever used to get between Newark and NY is really expensive due to crossing state lines. If you know the NYC area you could take the train from EWR into NYC but you would still need to find transpo to the port. Personally I would keep the transfers but I tend to be a nervous nelly about that stuff.

Flying into Newark October 25 for the Royal repo. Our flight arrives at 9.45am. Princess has the transfers booked for departure to Brooklyn at 12.00 noon. Should we consider hiring a service or just wait out the two hours, Do they in fact leave earlier than 12.00. We are ok either way as New York and the area can be "fun " at the best of times. :)

It all depends on how many people are coming into Newark and using the transfers. If there's a lot, a bus may fill and be sent on its way... or you might have to wait until noon. We've used the transfers from EWR and it was very convenient and much cheaper than a service... but then we also flew in a couple of days early, stayed at the Hilton Penn Station and used the train to get into Manhattan... cheap and frequent...

It is difficult to get from Newark Airport to the cruise port in Brooklyn. By car on a Saturday it is about a 45 min drive, and various routes through Staten Island or Manhattan, can be taken. Tolls which will be added to any fare are approximately $20. In your situation I would take the Princess Shuttle.

"We are ok either way as New York and the area can be "fun " at the best of times"

You will not be able to have any fun in New York, while you wait. There are no attractions around Newark Airport.

We took this Princess transfer on 9/22, and from the time the bus left it took about an hour to get to EWR. It was a long ride with lots of traffic, and I'm sure any other choice would have been much more expensive.

As others have noted, the bus doesn't leave until it's nearly full so you can't depend on a specific departure. We got off the Ruby after 8:30 and we were leaving the Budget rental office around 11.

I always like Princess transfers. And, once the Princess people take your bags, then you don't have to haul them anymore. Considering that flights are often a bit late, and that waiting to claim your bags takes time, anyway, the wait for your Princess transfer will probably be short.

I have done the Princess transfer to Newark airport, and it was great.

Bon voyage:)