Reservations

Keith1010

While we have cruised on Celeberity several times, our last sailing on a Celebrity ship was about 6 years ago, before the Internet is what it is today.

We are on a sailing on the Summit in late March, 2006. Had a few questions.

Since we are Captain's Club members, I know that we can make a reservation for the specialty restaurant ahead of time. Do we do this by calling the Captain's Club Desk or via the internet? How many months can this be done prior to our sailing?

In terms of shore excursion how soon prior to a sailing can we book this and do we do this via the Celebrity Web Site?

Also, in terms of pre-criuse paperwork. Will Celebrity send information to our TA or do we fill this out via the web site. We did book our cruise through our TA and not through the web site.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

You call the Captain's Club 800 number 60 days prior to sailing to make your reservations for the Speciality Restaurant.

As for shore excursions, I don't know how soon, but I do know it has to be done by 10 days PRIOR to sailing. Then they lock down the system and you have to do it on board.

You can fill out all your documentation on-line for your cruise and now they even have it that you can print out your Express Pass right on your home computer.

Have a great trip.

Anne Maria

Keith, are you on the Summit right after our cruise? Mom, sis and I are cruising the Summit in early March to Los Angeles, via the Panama Canal. We're in 6148. Perhaps you'll be in the same room right after we depart. If that's so, I could leave a little note in the room, just to say HI.

Darcie, we are on the Summit leaving out of Los Angeles on March 26. We are in the same room. Are you on the cruise right before ours or two cruises before ours?

Anne Maria, thank you for provding answers to my questions. It's most appreciated. The last time I sailed on Celebrity I don't think they had an internet site or if they did it was in the early stages.

Keith

I have made arrangements for the specialty restaurants 60 days in advance thru the Captain's Club number. I also don't know how far in advance you can book shore excursions, but if you go to the Celebrity site, and click on already booked or something similiar, you should be able to pull up shore excursions. If you find something you like try booking it, it it won't let you then I guess it's too soon. My other thought would be to call the Captain's Club and ask them. My guess it would also be about 60 days.

Have a great cruise.

Katie

Keith, it's been a long time since we've heard from you! Please come over and join in on our roll call. Also, Bob has set up a webpage for this cruise. You can access it by clicking the link below my signature. I hope you will send us some information about yourself and Anne Marie. Also we'd love a picture to post on the webpage.

Garry

Hi Garry, great to hear from you and I will plan to post to the rollcall sometime soon and I'd like to see the webpage that has been set up for the cruise. I don't seem to see the link in your post. Where do I find it?

Keith

Keith, it's two cruises before your's. We leave FLL on Feb 26 and get into LA on March 12. Mom and sis are in 6148, and I booked 6146 so we basically have a two bedroom PH. We'll leave the door open between the rooms, so that will be nice.

You call the Captain's Club 800 number 60 days prior to sailing to make your reservations for the Speciality Restaurant.

Anne Maria

I'm on the Connie next June in the Baltic. I want to do the specialty restaurant on a formal night. Is there a way for me to find out 60 days prior to sailing which nights will be formal?

Scott

I'm on the Connie next June in the Baltic. I want to do the specialty restaurant on a formal night. Is there a way for me to find out 60 days prior to sailing which nights will be formal?

Scott

You know can figure out that the second night and the second to last night the formal nights on your cruise. As for the third formal night it will depend. You can call and ask the Captain's Club or the Special Services department but they don't always have the correct information.

On our last cruise we thought we were making our reservations on the one and only informal night on the cruise. So we only brought one informal outfit each. Well guess what. It turns out our reservation was on a casual night not informal. So much for that.

Good luck.

Anne Maria

Garry, I just went to the web site. How do I add the information. Do I click on the section where it said additions/changes and then it pops up an e mail which I would just send and then e mail the information.

Keith

Yes Keith. The email will go to Bob who created the website. He'll add any information you want to your name. I hope you'll send him a picture too! A bunch of us are going in the day before and staying at the same hotel and plan to have dinner together. I hope you'll join us! We're looking forward to talking to you on the roll call.;)

Garry

• 2 months later...

Garry, I seem to remember that there will be a party on board during the cruise. Where do I go to register for that? I thought it might be the Celebrity Cruise Web Site but couldn't remember. Could you let me know, please.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith

Come on over to our website for Hawaii. We're a very happy group to say the least:D

We're counting down to our cruise on Summit. We love her and this will be our 3rd trip sailing her. Which cabin are you in?

Bob's website is wonderful. There is so much information on it that you could have your entire trip planned and ready to go way before we sail.

If you plan on arriving the day before, join us at the Holiday Inn in San Pedro. We'll be the happy group in the bar no doubt:p

Again, welcome

Pat

Thanks, Pat. I was trying to figure out how to register for the party that I think has been scheduled when we are all on board the Serenity. Do you know how to register for that. I thought on the Celebrity Web Site but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

In answer to your question, I've attached the link to sign up for the official Cruise Critic party. It's usually held on the first sea day and you will need your booking number, date of sail and ship for the sign up.

https://secure.celebrity.com/cruisecritic/home.do;jsessionid=00006o46xjYd1vrwIIC-1xORwoP:1028etot9

Bob and I hope to instigate a sail-away gathering on departure and hope you will join us for that! More than likely it will be held on the Sunrise Deck near the Mast Bar right after muster.

As Pat said, we've got a great group over on the roll call and you should come over and chat with us!

Garry

Archived