VIP embarkation question

lele100

I have a question that maybe you can help with. I am a platinum guest, I booked a balcony room for me, hubby, and 2 sons, one is 15 the other is 25, I am thinking of getting them their own room near mine.

If I book both cabins and my youngest son (15) will be on my sail and sign card can they board VIP with my or no?

Thanks

I have a question that maybe you can help with. I am a platinum guest, I booked a balcony room for me, hubby, and 2 sons, one is 15 the other is 25, I am thinking of getting them their own room near mine.

If I book both cabins and my youngest son (15) will be on my sail and sign card can they board VIP with my or no?

Thanks

We have never had a problem boarding together........

Now if you had a huge group trying to board with you I'm sure it would be a different story.

Enjoy your cruise!

Heres hoping that you don't get flamed. The correct answer is that only the people in the same room are allowed to board with a Platinum guest. If your husband is also Platinum then the idea to split up is perfect otherwise they if THEY feel like it they will make your sons board with the other people or tell you that if you want to board with them the feel free to leave the Platinum area and join them .I am sailing in two weeks and are faced with the same dilemma. Not sure what we will do yet but I am leaning towards see you in a little while. LOL

Ahoy shipmates,

book oldest son in cabin w/dad, younger in cabin w/ you all get platinum cards w/ perks and staff doesn't care which cabin you all sleep in and you both get your chocolate covered strawberries.

Bon voyage

No... they won't get Platinum cards.

Op, I believe your younger son would be able to board with you because he is a minor and he is on your sail and sign card. I don't understand how Carnival seems to get so many schemers, but they sure do.

So many people told Platinum cruisers to book them as well as extended family, friends etc. and use the credit card of the Platinum cruiser so all could board early. They then went to guest services to switch the credit cards. My understanding is that now Carnival no longer allows this.

I just don't see where it makes a big difference in when your friends etc. get on the ship. What if Platinum didn't get to board early? You'd all have to wait your turn.

OP this is not directed at you as taking a minor is a different thing, but telling your husband to say he is in one room when in fact he has no intention of being there so he can get strawberries is pretty sad as far as I am concerned. I know I will get flamed, but I guess in today's world the schemers and those who are dishonest, get ahead and those of us who follow the rules get stomped on. Great things to teach our kids today!

The issue with them trying to board as Platinum is that your cards are at the VIP check in & your son's cards will be in the general boarding area. Even with FTTF the cards should still be in 2 different places.

I'd split you & your husband up into seperate rooms.

Op, I believe your younger son would be able to board with you because he is a minor and he is on your sail and sign card. I don't understand how Carnival seems to get so many schemers, but they sure do.

So many people told Platinum cruisers to book them as well as extended family, friends etc. and use the credit card of the Platinum cruiser so all could board early. They then went to guest services to switch the credit cards. My understanding is that now Carnival no longer allows this.

I just don't see where it makes a big difference in when your friends etc. get on the ship. What if Platinum didn't get to board early? You'd all have to wait your turn.

OP this is not directed at you as taking a minor is a different thing, but telling your husband to say he is in one room when in fact he has no intention of being there so he can get strawberries is pretty sad as far as I am concerned. I know I will get flamed, but I guess in today's world the schemers and those who are dishonest, get ahead and those of us who follow the rules get stomped on. Great things to teach our kids today!

Well they will get an extra two bucks worth of strawberries by doing this

Thanks

To be clear, if you are the only Platinum, only those booked in the same cabin as you will get to priority board with you. Those in a separate cabin, regardless of who paid, will not get any benefit. So, yes, booking your husband in a separate cabin if he is also Platinum will allow all four of you to board priority. Once you are able to see your boarding documents, if they say Priority then those folks get Priority Boarding. But are all these shenanigans worth the example?

I'm guessing she is the only platinum (from the way she posted). You can have the 2 sons in the same room because he is 25. So no problem there. You and hubby board platinum. Sons general boarding (good grief you are just boarding and won't get lost) and their S&S cards are in a different area. Don't know about hubby's card. Young son will have his own S&S card with charging privileges connected to your CC if you leave it that way. The way I see it, there will be 3 non platinums. No matter how you split up, it's not earth shattering to get split up for a few minutes.

The issue with them trying to board as Platinum is that your cards are at the VIP check in & your son's cards will be in the general boarding area. Even with FTTF the cards should still be in 2 different places.

I'd split you & your husband up into seperate rooms.

We just had a similiar situation with RCI and I hghly doubt Carnival would be any different. When we ask if my sister could board with us because she was solo and had never sailed RCI.....we were happily accomodated! Yes her card was in another area but the lady was gone all of 2 minutes to retrieve it

If the OP was trying to board with multiple family members then maybe she would have a problem.....but boarding with her two children who are linked to her reservation.......sorry but I don't see the issue at all.

Edited by GTO-Girl

We just had a similiar situation with RCI and I hghly doubt Carnival would be any different. When we ask if my sister could board with us because she was solo and had never sailed RCI.....we were happily accomodated! Yes her card was in another area but the lady was gone all of 2 minutes to retrieve it

If the OP was trying to board with multiple family members then maybe she would have a problem.....but boarding with her two children who are linked to her reservation.......sorry but I don't see the issue at all.

Because folks who aren't eligible, aren't eligible. There is a reason a separate boarding process was created for those who have earned a loyalty status.

If you do separate your sons into their own cabin, when you get to the port just tell them you'd like to keep your family together for check-in and boarding. I would think you could stay together (and have seen it happen). The worst you'll be told is no.

Edited by mizlorinj