Suite vs. Aqua

notjaded

These cabins are next to (and connecting to) the Penthouse Suite and have a similar decor. Their size is larger, bathroom is huge, and balcony is larger than most SS on M-Class ships.

Here is a video of this cabin on the Summit

Thank you..I haven't quite got the difference from SS on M and SS on S. We also booked 6145 for one week, but have an AQ the other. Deciding whether to upgrade the Aqua.

As an FYI, 6145/6 are probably they M-class SS we would consider. I didn't know this was the cabin you had. Were you considering upgrading this cabin, or the AQ?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did this just happen randomly to you? I think it's great, but we loved our Aqua aft cabin and not sure we would care about an upgrade - do we have to mark our AQ aft "do not upgrade"?

Not sure whether this was addressed to me, but I got a call from X. I assume it was not random, but based upon some algorithm they use. Since there is a cost attached, do not worry about being upgraded without being asked.

As an FYI, 6145/6 are probably they M-class SS we would consider. I didn't know this was the cabin you had. Were you considering upgrading this cabin, or the AQ?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Yes, our first week we have the 1130 an aft AQ. Exposed balcony. It's only one week and it is port intensive. However, I can give up 25 bonus points and a drink Pcg and pay 2100. More and have a royal for one week. The Royal upgrade is higher the second week and as we have 6145 anyway I am holding that cabin unless something else happens.

If it was S class I would give up Aq a for any suite guarantee. However, it seems less reasonable on M to give up Aq aft for suite guarantee. I will know more the first time I am in M class, but from here it looks like SS is not much of an upgrade. Also is Royal as Royal on M class as S? I know the differences in layout, I guess I am asking about the feel of it.

Notjaded you upgraded on an upsell, it has been so long I wasn't even sure they made those calls anymore.

If only that were true wherever I went :)

A start of a great habit!

sIamblue..how noise sensitive are you? Some people mention the noise and others don't. And some mention it just to make note of it. I would do it myself, because extra space means more to me than quiet.

Yes, our first week we have the 1130 an aft AQ. Exposed balcony. It's only one week and it is port intensive. However, I can give up 25 bonus points and a drink Pcg and pay 2100. More and have a royal for one week. The Royal upgrade is higher the second week and as we have 6145 anyway I am holding that cabin unless something else happens.

If it was S class I would give up Aq a for any suite guarantee. However, it seems less reasonable on M to give up Aq aft for suite guarantee. I will know more the first time I am in M class, but from here it looks like SS is not much of an upgrade. Also is Royal as Royal on M class as S? I know the differences in layout, I guess I am asking about the feel of it.

Notjaded you upgraded on an upsell, it has been so long I wasn't even sure they made those calls anymore.

I hate to take this thread too far off topic, but the RS and CS are different and impossible to comapre them to the SS as they both have seperate bedrooms.

The seperate shower, larger tub, MUCH larger balcony are all pluses for the RS on a cruise where you're there to relax. The CS has a great location, the best views from inside any cabin on the ship, except _maybe_ the penthouse, but the views there are mostly from the deck.

When I compare the RS on M-Class (which I have stayed in) to the RS on S-Class which I have not stayed in, but bin in, the S class is nicer in that it has a seperate bathroom (M-Class has seperate entrance) and a very nice dining room table, and a nicer bar area. The M-Class Balcony is pretty nice, hard chose without spending more time there. The M-Class RS we were in did seem dated and worn, more like an older luxury hotel, which needs a bit of refurb and updating. S-Class is shiny, new, hip, like walking into a more modern hotel.

I hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

PS Sorry again for the hijack!

I hate to take this thread too far off topic, but the RS and CS are different and impossible to comapre them to the SS as they both have seperate bedrooms.

The seperate shower, larger tub, MUCH larger balcony are all pluses for the RS on a cruise where you're there to relax. The CS has a great location, the best views from inside any cabin on the ship, except _maybe_ the penthouse, but the views there are mostly from the deck.

When I compare the RS on M-Class (which I have stayed in) to the RS on S-Class which I have not stayed in, but bin in, the S class is nicer in that it has a seperate bathroom (M-Class has seperate entrance) and a very nice dining room table, and a nicer bar area. The M-Class Balcony is pretty nice, hard chose without spending more time there. The M-Class RS we were in did seem dated and worn, more like an older luxury hotel, which needs a bit of refurb and updating. S-Class is shiny, new, hip, like walking into a more modern hotel.

I hope this helps.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

PS Sorry again for the hijack!

Please forgive the terrible typing on my ipad, OUCH. I re-read this and am embarrassed :( :o :(