Studio Cabins

Swells1

This has probably been asked a million times, but not once by me! :o I am looking at booking next year- around December. (Really anytime between November 2015 and February 2016) I need a balcony and a studio, and I can't seem to find any studios. Do they really sell out this far in advance?

POA also has studios but they do sell out very quickly. When I'm checking prices for studios I have to make sure I change the number of passengers since, on the ncl site, it defaults to 2, however they sell out very quickly.

I do show avail. on most cruises on most of the ships.

Good luck

POA also has studios but they do sell out very quickly. When I'm checking prices for studios I have to make sure I change the number of passengers since, on the ncl site, it defaults to 2, however they sell out very quickly.

I do show avail. on most cruises on most of the ships.

Good luck

Of course! I didn't think of that! Thanks!! :D

Way too early. Wait until a lot closer.

That is an interesting piece of advice. Are you guarantying the OP that the pricing will be better if they wait?

What about the balcony cabin...should they book that now, or wait on that as well?

And what if the price goes up on the studios and/or the category sells out? Then what?

That is an interesting piece of advice. Are you guarantying the OP that the pricing will be better if they wait?

What about the balcony cabin...should they book that now, or wait on that as well?

And what if the price goes up on the studios and/or the category sells out? Then what?

I should have qualified my comment. I was in a rush to get out the door this morning when I made that.

That's based on my experience as a three time studio traveler. I pay close attention to the prices. From what I've found the studios are more often than not available right up until the last week before the cruise with the exception of course of the major holiday rushes. You can get great prices at the last minute on those available cabins. My last one was only $499 for the week. Epic a while back had plenty of studios at $399.

Actually my strategy I use is to book airfare when I find a cheap price and then wait until the prices go down on the studios. Obviously you want to keep a close eye on availability close to the sail date but I've found that to be a winning and cheaper strategy that works.

I think, for now, I'm going to book two balconies and watch the studio prices.

The Studio cabins kind of work like the Haven cabins/suites. Occupants of the Studio cabins have access to their own private lounge. NCL also does things specifically for the Studio cabins. That's why they can be a little pricey.

I have also found that pricing for BA (studios in particular) has been best about 3 weeks before sailing. Of course, that won't hold true for high peak travel like summer or holidays. I've watched BA pricing almost daily for about 18 mths now so that is my basis for my opinion.

For my last two cruises, I booked a studio and then upgraded later for not an unreasonable amount more to get into a balcony.

You can still get into the studio lounge of course for the daily gatherings, which is when the lounge is used mostly.

For my last two cruises, I booked a studio and then upgraded later for not an unreasonable amount more to get into a balcony.

I booked a TA on the Epic in a studio from an online vendor. I'm curious if upgrades can easily be done when bought anywhere other than NCL directly. If I wanted to upgrade would I be required to do so from the same vendor I used for the original purchase? I would assume so, but really don't know. Like you, I'd like to upgrade to a balcony and have been watching prices (since my purchase all cabin prices have increased noticeably). Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

I booked a TA on the Epic in a studio from an online vendor. I'm curious if upgrades can easily be done when bought anywhere other than NCL directly. If I wanted to upgrade would I be required to do so from the same vendor I used for the original purchase? I would assume so, but really don't know. Like you, I'd like to upgrade to a balcony and have been watching prices (since my purchase all cabin prices have increased noticeably). Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

Hello, When I call NCL; I believe one of the prompts is if you booked with a NCL travel partner. I am not sure, as I have only booked through NCL.

I am not sure if you would be required to call the travel agent

When you book your cruise through a Travel Agent, they own your reservation so you must contact them to make any changes to your booking. The good news is, they can make changes by contacting NCL for you.

Happy cruising

PS you can take your reservation from a TA to NCL within the 1st 60 days after booking.

Edited by All-ready2cruise
PS