Pointless Email

laslomas

I have just received an email from Celebrity headed "Your cruise vacation is almost here. Book your beverage package needs today" and it goes on to say "We look forward to welcoming you on board and encourage you to pre-purchase your beverage packages for convenience".

Firstly I already have a Beverage package, but I assume the email is sent to everyone regardless, so that's no problem, I understand that. But when following the link and opening my booking I get the message "4 DAY FREEZE Due to your cruise vacation departing within the next 4 days, you can no longer purchase / reserve products online"

It seems to me that they have a bit of a timing issue here. My cruise leaves on Monday, so in just 2 days time. If Celebrity want to encourage purchases of Beverage packages in advance they need to get their emails out in a more timely manner as it is simply just a waste of time and effort....a bit like the website issues that we are all used to.

I received one encouraging me to book dining and when logging in, I'm told, "Sorry, We Cannot Reserve This Right Now. Please Try Again Onboard The Ship."

I'm really looking forward to my first X cruise, but anything related to their website has been laughable.

I received one encouraging me to book dining and when logging in, I'm told, "Sorry, We Cannot Reserve This Right Now. Please Try Again Onboard The Ship."

I'm really looking forward to my first X cruise, but anything related to their website has been laughable.

This is costing X big bucks IMHO. We have had nothing but trouble trying to access our reservation and reserve excursions. I like to read descriptions and reviews and then choose. We are choosing roll call excursions wherever possible on our upcoming cruise. X cancelled our excursion for Buenos Aires and we can't get on to look for another. Will contact the private vendors.

If the website worked, it was on days I didn't try.

Beyond frustrating. X needs to get a new contractor for the website or hire new more competent staff if it's inhouse.

In contrast, I dropped $1500 this week at HAL for excursions on our next July departure. I'm finding I've already booked before private ones are out there in some ports on roll call. It's smart business on HAL's part.