Help With Room Selection OnExplorer Of The Seas

We are looking at a cruise on Explorer next year and 1688, 1388 are both available but for 3 of us it would be 300.00 more to go to a Jr Suite is it worth it? We have never stayed in any of the rooms I have asked about but they look really big any opinions would be great. Of the 2 is 1688 or 1388 better as far as views?

Edited by WeWant2BCruzin

Is the 3rd person a child or adult? On Explorer, even in a nice-sized JS< there is no real privacy....no curtain to separate the bed from the sofa bed.

I would go with the largest cabin you can afford...a JS is most like a normal hotel room.

We are looking at a cruise on Explorer next year and 1688, 1388 are both available but for 3 of us it would be 300.00 more to go to a Jr Suite is it worth it? We have never stayed in any of the rooms I have asked about but they look really big any opinions would be great. Of the 2 is 1688 or 1388 better as far as views?

If it's a 9 day cruise, then $300 would be worth it to me to move to a JS.

We were just on Explorer and had JS 1394-it was HUGE! and there was a curtain to separate the bed from the sofa bed area. Balcony was big with 3 loungers and a small table and 2 chairs. It was just hubby and I and he said to me-"why didn't we get this room when we cruised with the kid?"

For only $300 more, I would take the JS just for the extra points alone.

I would absolutely upgrade to the Junior Suite. We have found the old phrase "We don't spend that much time in the cabin" is a misnomer once you've booked a junior suite or larger.

You will love returning to this expansive space during the day to relax, watch the waves and have a lovely cruising sanctuary at sea.

Jonathan

My entire family cruised in 1394, 1392, 1390, 1388 & 1690 this past August for my granddaughter Sweet 16 to Bermuda. Jr Suite 1394 is amazing in size and has a huge balcony. This was the second time we sailed in 1394 & I would say definitely go for it! It's well worth the extra money.

However, the grandchildren loved 1388 with the pole - lol! Its a really nice size D1w/balcony and you won't have to spend the extra for a Jr. Suite. The only thing is the balcony is on the corner and is a little smaller. Which ever cabin you chose you are going to have a wonderful time on Explorer she is an amazing ship with a wonderful crew!

Future Cruises:

RCCL-Quantum of the Seas – 3 Night Sampler - 2014

RCCL-Quantum of the Seas – Southern Caribbean – 2015

RCCL-Liberty of the Seas – Canada & New England - 2015

RCCL-Anthem of the Seas – Western Caribbean - 2016

RCCL-Diamond Plus

Celebrity-Elite

Norwegian-Silver

Holland-Star Mariner

The Seas are Calling….