Coki Beach Coral World and Sapphire Beach

rl2knot1

Our family of 5 will be visiting St Thomas for the first time in December. We would like to spend the day at Coki Beach Coral World (to swim with the sea lions) and Sapphire Beach (preferably in that order). I would appreciate advise on how best to get around to these places.

1. How much would a taxi for 5 people be?

2. Would it be possible to take a bus? If so where do we get on from the pier? (I have read the bus route is one way?! Would we have to do Sapphire beach first?)

3. What is the cost of a car rental (including insurance and any other additional costs)? Is this easy to do? Do we need a special driving license (we hold valid Canadian drivers licenses)?

I am leaning towards the bus because we are on a tight budget but would like information on all three before making our decision.

Any information or advice is appreciated! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd recommend just going to Coki unless you do rent a car, someone else will need to answer your question on the license. Coki is a gorgeous beach right by Coral World so no need to go to Sapphire unless you want to see them both. :)

We almost always take the bus to Sapphire when we dock in St Thomas. Search this forum for more info. The bus is really easy to do. We haven't ever taken a taxi.

Edited by Jeal

We almost always take the bus to Sapphire when we dock in St Thomas. Search this forum for more info. The bus is really easy to do. We haven't ever taken a taxi - it might be just as cost effective for you to share a cab.

The OP's family is looking at going to Coral World (Coki) and it would be a good walk from the drop off point to the beach so the $2 bus isn't recommended. Same with leaving Coki to go to Sapphire or back to the port.

Taxi is $8 - 10pp each way and I'm guessing another $5pp between Coki and Sapphire. But in this case a taxi or rental makes sense.

Rl2knot1 you could also have a private driver deliver you to Coral World, wait for you and then head to Sapphire, and return you to the ship. If available Stanley at the Secret Harbour Resort in Secret Harbor provides private tours and transportation right from the dock. I'll post his contact info and pricing shortly in case you or someone else wants to use that option. Wonderful, professional gentleman.

Edited by blue_water

LOL I see had already provided Stanley's info to you in the thread below! :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106596

Anyway you don't want to deal with the bus with 3 kids, and $35pp to have a private driver all day is a no-brainier, perfect for this situation. You could add a mini island tour as well.

Edited by blue_water