Is there a way to secure early disembark time off Divina?

pseudochicken

Hello all,

I was curious if there was a way to secure an early disembark off Divina. We stupidly booked a 10:00AM flight out of Miami the day the ship arrives back in port, but the flight change fees are astronomical. I understand the port of Miami and Miami airport are a very hectic on a weekend, and I fear that if we get slotted into a later disembark time we will have no way of reaching the plane on time. At this point I am slightly worried we wouldn't make it unless we were among the first off the ship. We did not book Yacht Club. I am now tossing up booking a separate return flight, (and now showing up for the 10AM flight). Changing flights with the flight carrier we booked is $200+ a person! :eek: It would be cheaper for us to cut bait on that and book another return flight later in the day or even the next day WITH a night in Miami. I should stick with Southwest in the future :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for any insight!

Cheers

Edited by pseudochicken

Hello all,

I was curious if there was a way to secure an early disembark off Divina. We stupidly booked a 10:00AM flight out of Miami the day the ship arrives back in port, but the flight change fees are astronomical. I understand the port of Miami and Miami airport are a very hectic on a weekend, and I fear that if we get slotted into a later disembark time we will have no way of reaching the plane on time. At this point I am slightly worried we wouldn't make it unless we were among the first off the ship. We did not book Yacht Club. I am now tossing up booking a separate return flight, (and now showing up for the 10AM flight). Changing flights with the flight carrier we booked is $200+ a person! :eek: It would be cheaper for us to cut bait on that and book another return flight later in the day or even the next day WITH a night in Miami. I should stick with Southwest in the future :rolleyes:

Cheers

if you self disembark you should be one of the first off the ship. do you hAve tsa pre clearance? 10 am is cutting it close.

Definitely do self assist. I recently got off the Divina and sched. to get off at 6:45. I was called then and customs had no one there, I was in my car at 7. I don't think it will be a problem. Go to guest relations and ask to be on the first call list, I think there are 3 for self assist.

Thanks for the input everyone! I will be sure to do self-assist. I have done that in the past with Carnival and it was easy, so hopefully this will be the same.

I have one more question: Do you guys think it would be wise to perhaps reserve a private car for transportation to the airport rather than relying on a taxi (which is $24+tip, I believe)? I know it won't affect the time it takes to actually travel to the airport, I just fear over fighting over a handful of taxis at the PoM. If you think I should reserve a private car, can anyone recommend a particular service/company?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the input everyone! I will be sure to do self-assist. I have done that in the past with Carnival and it was easy, so hopefully this will be the same.

I have one more question: Do you guys think it would be wise to perhaps reserve a private car for transportation to the airport rather than relying on a taxi (which is $24+tip, I believe)? I know it won't affect the time it takes to actually travel to the airport, I just fear over fighting over a handful of taxis at the PoM. If you think I should reserve a private car, can anyone recommend a particular service/company?

Thanks again!

If by private car you mean transportation company so I think it's not going to be faster . They are not going to stay and wait for your in port you must call after you out it will take some time to them to come. just go to cab line ,should be lots of them .

Hello all,

Cheers

Even God can not to secure early disembark from any ship))) If you are very lucky and customs will work full speed , and no problem with ship clearance and no traffic in Miami you will make to this plane .

There are 3 numbers for self assist. Go to customer service and get one for the first debark. Tell them the time your plane is leaving. I got off on the second no. and breezed right through customs, they were waiting for px. - 7 a.m. There were soooo many taxis as you exit, they were hawking people. You should be fine.

Hopefully you will not encounter any lines at the airport. Have already had the experience of 1) getting back to port a couple hours late due to mechanical issues, followed by 2) very busy security with long lines at the airport. Good luck... :)

In our room was a form to be submitted for self-assist. We did not submit it in time to get the self assist... (because I did not read it until it was far too late). The form will need to be submitted before about the mid-point of the cruise, so just be sure to get it handled early.

Just relax and have a great cruise. I just got off mine Saturday morning, and wish I were back...