Internet Service

cruitenn

Just came back from the last Breakaway cruise to Bermuda and I must say how impressed I was with the Internet service they offered. I purchased the 1000 MB package and I was able to work all week from the waterfront. It was a last minute cruise and I was dreading the thought of the Internet speed that I would have to upload the wok to our portal. It worked very well and I was able to complete all my comittments on time! The cruise was very relaxing, no interruptions while doing the work and the view was to die for. Bermuda is as beautiful as ever, was even able to put in some tennis at the Southampton Fairmont .

Thanks NCL! I know this internet service was a try out but you should definitely think of offering this internet service on all your ships. You can now advertise working while on vacation!:):):)

Edited by cruitenn

It looks like the iDirect X7 modem is paying off. I'd read that MTN would increase output in 2015. That doesn't mean NCL will get it, but we can hope. First, I want to see that modem on other ships as well as the quantity data plan rather than the minute plan.

Glad you had a great trip.

Just came back from the last Breakaway cruise to Bermuda and I must say how impressed I was with the Internet service they offered. I purchased the 1000 MB package and I was able to work all week from the waterfront. It was a last minute cruise and I was dreading the thought of the Internet speed that I would have to upload the wok to our portal. It worked very well and I was able to complete all my comittments on time! The cruise was very relaxing, no interruptions while doing the work and the view was to die for. Bermuda is as beautiful as ever, was even able to put in some tennis at the Southampton Fairmont .

Thanks NCL! I know this internet service was a try out but you should definitely think of offering this internet service on all your ships. You can now advertise working while on vacation!:):):)

Oh I'm so happy to hear they still have the mb package. I asked about it last week here on the forum and someone told me it was not available anymore. It was just a test and discontinued. My DH has his own business and needs Internet service. Thank you for posting this.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad internet service is my number one complaint about cruising, and the reason why I don't cruise more often. We are going to have to buy some kind of ship internet when we do a TA on the Epic next April. It's not just the cost that is annoying-although I would appreciate better rates. it is the slow speed.

With no ports for 8 or 9 days I will need to hop on occasionally to check in with my office.

It also seems that it would benefit the cruise lines to make this more accessible-wouldn't everyone then be spreading delightful pics of their fab cruise all over social media? mucho free advertising for the cruise industry.

wouldn't everyone then be spreading delightful pics of their fab cruise all over social media? mucho free advertising for the cruise industry.

So that everyone will know your house is empty and an easier target? Seriously I personally think people need to unplug when on vacation. I realize there are some who aren't able to due to work commitments, however, I think our society has become too "instantaneous" take time to savor and enjoy while creating memories.

So that everyone will know your house is empty and an easier target? Seriously I personally think people need to unplug when on vacation. I realize there are some who aren't able to due to work commitments, however, I think our society has become too "instantaneous" take time to savor and enjoy while creating memories.

We are very fortunate to live in a building that has 24 hour security, but I know what you are saying. I run a small law firm and need to be able to check in almost daily. I have a great staff but my juniors occasionally just want the reassurance of running things by me.

So faster internet please NCL!!!

Please keep a reasonably priced package on the BA for 2015

I am planning to buy it for our 12 day in January

Of course I can always wait for ports and get it free

But seriously Ncl wouldn't you prefer I pay you? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bad internet service is my number one complaint about cruising, and the reason why I don't cruise more often. We are going to have to buy some kind of ship internet when we do a TA on the Epic next April. It's not just the cost that is annoying-although I would appreciate better rates. it is the slow speed.

With no ports for 8 or 9 days I will need to hop on occasionally to check in with my office.

It also seems that it would benefit the cruise lines to make this more accessible-wouldn't everyone then be spreading delightful pics of their fab cruise all over social media? mucho free advertising for the cruise industry.

I'm on that cruise and agree with you. I'm hoping NCL has their new internet plan by then where they charge by data rather than time. I also need to check in often while traveling.

Sent from my iPad