Cunarder's Top Sailors

sarafinadh

I got the new Cunarder EMag today and had to smile when I saw the list of especially dedicated Cunardists. I couldn't help but think that at least some of you must be around these halls somewhere ; -)

Mrs Maxine Bernstein M411 2,961

Mr & Mrs Petitpren M404 2,187

Miss Erma Klindt M405 2,062

Mrs Theresa Turner V402 1,865

Mr George Hozey Q403 1,492

Mr & Mrs Frost M406 900

Mrs Joan Engelbosch M403 715

Colin, If it's the dog houses on the QM2 I would be happy to book cheap fare for my SELF ; -) Pretty Posh!

QE2Fan, My mind boggles at over EIGHT years aboard!!

But at 8 days x 45 crossings, I would be well into my 90's before I managed to give you a run fer yer money, lol!

All I have to do is go to Europe once a year for the rest of my life. I can handle that!

And if I ever get to where crossing over AND back is an option I could manage it much more rapidly.... Or maybe two trips a year some years... The possibilities titillate!

Edited by sarafinadh

Of course the easy way pile up the days at sea is to take a world cruise every year. The hard part about that is getting yourself born into a family with enough money and animosity to banish you to sea for a third of every year.

I would be well into my 90's before I managed to give you a run fer yer money, lol!

!

I've been to a few World Club receptions where some of the high mileage passengers were presented to the captain and believe me they were well into their 90s.

David.

Miss Klindt was one of my dining companions on the QV Panama transit in Dec 2011. If I remember correctly, at that time, she had 1800+ nights aboard. She was awarded top cruiser on that cruise. So pleased to see she is continuing her travels and has amassed over 2000 nights.

Edited by canny_cruiser

I am very leased to read Erma Klintz is still cruising. I have sailed with her we had the same table on a world cruise a few years ago. She is a character and I liked her. She must be well into her eighties now so I am very pleased she is sailing as that means she is well.