Best off the beach snorkeling - own gear.

mattR

Folkstone Marine Park was pretty good. Easy access to the reef, not much beach but if I remember correctly there were chairs to rent in a shaded area. No pushy vendors like Paynes bay.

I second this! We have snorkeled here a few times and it never disappoints. Like stated there are no pushy vendors and there is a changing area and an outdoor shower to rinse off. One time I saw a sea snake like thing, ( I have been told there are no sea snakes in the Caribbean) and another time, my son and I saw a huge school of Blue Tangs. The church there is interesting to tour and they have guides to tell you about it.

Side note, we had one of our most fun family moments in that graveyard. We saw a very cute caterpillar walking along the stones. All four of us standing around videoing and talking to the cute little guy. When we watch the videos, we all say "hey I remember him" Funny how a small thing can be somewhat of a bonding family time for a few teenagers and their parents. :)

• 2 weeks later...