New Chocolate Offerings

KruzeKrazy!

We were on the Grand early September and two offerings were given on formal nights. I also think someone said that the cake pops were served at the champagne waterfall. We did not attend this event so can't say for sure.

The two offerings I tried on Formal nights were wonderful!

It seems that they're keeping the prices a secret for now.

From what I understand, the desserts at dinner are free as are the pops at the Captain's functions. You'll be paying for the chocolate/wine pairing experience at Vines, chocolate drinks and the chocolate spa treatments.

On the Golden in September in the Crown Grill one of the dessert options was a milk chocolate peanut butter bar, part of the new chocolate offerings. It looked better than it tasted.

The second formal night's dessert menu also featured a Chocolate Journeys selection. Chocolate Pistachio Dome. Very pretty. Fairly good. Seemed too much like firm pudding as opposed to a decadent chocolate dessert.

The first formal night might also have had a chocolate offering but that's the night we went to the Crown Grill.

Jackie

A chocolate with hazelnut dessert (don't remember the exact name) was offered on our Golden repositioning cruise last month. It was one of the best, if not the best, desserts I have ever had on Princess! So many of the desserts look better than they taste...not so with this one!

• 3 weeks later...
Anything new on this? It was supposed to start on the Regal in November. I'm just wondering what the cost will be for the drinks at Vines.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/chocolate-journeys/

There have been posts on other threads that one of the desserts was available on formal evenings and a chocolate item was available at the Captain's welcome party in the Atrium.

On the Grand the last week or so we tried the Pistachio Dome, the chocolate hazelnut log, and the peanut butter chocolate one.

First two were in MDR, the last in crown grill.

They are all works of art, but the one I liked best was the chocolate hazelnut log.

The others looked much better than they tasted to me.

All were at no extra charge.

Oh, also tried the chocolate truffle pops on a stick at the champagne waterfall. Those were absolutely decadent......

On the Grand the last week or so we tried the Pistachio Dome, the chocolate hazelnut log, and the peanut butter chocolate one.

First two were in MDR, the last in crown grill.

They are all works of art, but the one I liked best was the chocolate hazelnut log.

The others looked much better than they tasted to me.

All were at no extra charge.

Oh, also tried the chocolate truffle pops on a stick at the champagne waterfall. Those were absolutely decadent......

I take it that they weren't available in the Horizon buffet.:confused:

I take it that they weren't available in the Horizon buffet.:confused:

No, not available in the buffet on the Crown a few weeks ago, just the dining room. We had the Chocolate Hazelnut Bar and the Chocolate Pistachio Dome on formal nights and the Chocolate Pops at the Captain's events. Everything was outstanding and no additional charge.

Norman Love's Chocolate Journey deserts were available 2 or three times on the Grand last week in the main dining rooms - they were delicious and no extra charge. The chocolate pops were also available at the champagne waterfall event but I didn't attend....