Trip Suggestions Needed

beachnut41955

Hi Everyone! You are all such a wealth of information and I am stumped, so I thought I might throw this out and see what suggestions I get. We just did the Eastern Caribbean cruise on Getaway September 20-27. It was awesome. Next April I have my big 6-0 birthday and my good friend and travel buddy thinks we need to do another trip to celebrate. We have done the following cruises with NCL and Princess.... Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Alaska Cruise Tour, Hawaii. We would like to go somewhere we haven't been instead of repeating, but since I work at a church it is going to really take a lot to save up enough to cruise in April/May which is when her vacation has to be. I couldn't save up thousands to do something really big. Can any of you suggest some cruises with NCL that might fit the bill???? I know as long as you are cruising it is a wonderful vacation, but would love to experience some new locations. I love some of the European trips, but the airfare costs more than the cruises. We usually cruise an inside room. Thanks for your suggestions!

Thanks, Johnny Bananas! Question....if you have done the Panama Canal, is it important to do a complete transit (expensive & longer time), or is the round trip a good cruise?

I did the Repo Panama canal cruise on the Pearl in Sept. of 2009, from L.A. to Miami. The cruise took 2wks----full transit.

Bermuda would be nice cruise----Boston on the Dawn, or New York on the Breakaway. Those cruises are 7 day. Just avoid the Sept---Oct. hurricane season

Or consider the Repo cruise on the Dawn, from New Orleans to Boston. This would be in April.

I would suggest the Western Caribbean out of New Orleans in early April for the following reasons:

1. Your signature indicates that you have not done that itinerary since the 1980's and the ports will be very different now so it will seem like you have never been there.

2. New Orleans, relatively close to you and, well, its New Orleans.

If you could take 2 weeks consider the repositioning cruise from New Orleans to Boston. 12 days for the same price range of a 7 day.

Hi Everyone! You are all such a wealth of information and I am stumped, so I thought I might throw this out and see what suggestions I get. We just did the Eastern Caribbean cruise on Getaway September 20-27. It was awesome. Next April I have my big 6-0 birthday and my good friend and travel buddy thinks we need to do another trip to celebrate. We have done the following cruises with NCL and Princess.... Eastern Caribbean, Western Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, Alaska Cruise Tour, Hawaii. We would like to go somewhere we haven't been instead of repeating, but since I work at a church it is going to really take a lot to save up enough to cruise in April/May which is when her vacation has to be. I couldn't save up thousands to do something really big. Can any of you suggest some cruises with NCL that might fit the bill???? I know as long as you are cruising it is a wonderful vacation, but would love to experience some new locations. I love some of the European trips, but the airfare costs more than the cruises. We usually cruise an inside room. Thanks for your suggestions!
I will either do a transatlantic sailing. For the Panama Canal Cruise, I will either go on the NCL Sun or the NCL Pearl. I have done the full transit on the Sun.

Thanks, Johnny Bananas! Question....if you have done the Panama Canal, is it important to do a complete transit (expensive & longer time), or is the round trip a good cruise?

We've done the full transit twice. Personally, if you've traveled that far, then you should see the whole thing. If you only do the round trip, soon to be commenced by NCL, then I think you should at least take the ferry completion all the way through, with the bus ride return to the ship at Colon.

We've done the full transit twice. Personally, if you've traveled that far, then you should see the whole thing. If you only do the round trip, soon to be commenced by NCL, then I think you should at least take the ferry completion all the way through, with the bus ride return to the ship at Colon.

Thanks roger001. Is the ferry completion and the bus ride to the ship available as a shore excursion?

I can definitely recommend Bermuda. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and my boyfriend and I have every intention of returning, most likely multiple times, by cruise ship and by plane for longer trips. The Breakaway is also an amazing ship if you choose to leave out of NYC. Just my two cents.

I can definitely recommend Bermuda. It is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and my boyfriend and I have every intention of returning, most likely multiple times, by cruise ship and by plane for longer trips. The Breakaway is also an amazing ship if you choose to leave out of NYC. Just my two cents.

Bermuda was hit hard by hurricane. Lots of damage. And is in path of another hurricane. With all the damage I wouldn't recommend Bermuda for at least a year, allowing time for repairs.