Dolphin deck mini suite balcony

Purifyer

I'm sailing on the Emerald in a few weeks and I just read a review of this type of balcony. It mentioned that one cruiser brought a beach umbrella to give her some shade and privacy on the exposed balcony. I am wondering about how Princess regards bringing an umbrella aboard and if I'm going to run into issues?

I'm sailing on the Emerald in a few weeks and I just read a review of this type of balcony. It mentioned that one cruiser brought a beach umbrella to give her some shade and privacy on the exposed balcony. I am wondering about how Princess regards bringing an umbrella aboard and if I'm going to run into issues?

That would work fine while at port. Once you are out at sea, I believe it is against the rules (Passenger contract forbids lose items on balcony) due to the potential to flying out into the ocean due to the wind. Think of the umbrella being sucked out by the negative pressure being created above the balcony partitions by the wind.

I don't think an umbrella is possible and probably not allowed. The wind on the balcony is just too strong. For a covered mini-suite balcony, book the aft Emerald deck mini's. They are the only covered balconies in the mini-suite category.

Just because the balcony is uncovered does not mean there will be full sun all day long. All depends on the angle of the sun.

Sometimes, our Dolphin mini-suite balcony had total shade (sun was coming in on the other side of the ship).

The balcony panels also block the sun. Seldom was there a time when it was not possible to sit in the shade on one side of the balcony.

Some were so NOT happy because they thought because their balcony wasn't covered they would be able to sunbathe on it all day which they could not. :rolleyes: :D

LuLu

Thanks for your insights. I called Princess and one of their service reps stated that I could bring an umbrella and I could use it in port days but it was not a good idea to try using it on sea days. I'll just have to remember to go to Emerald deck for covered mini's. :D