Is it worth it to transfer to a TA?

Hello all - hope this isn't a silly question. Please forgive me if it is.

I booked a cruise on Navigator of the Seas for July 2015 directly with Royal.

This is our third Royal cruise. For the first, we used a TA and received no incentives on OBC whatsoever (I know....I booked through her as a thank you for speaking at an event I chaired...and all she spoke about was cruising on Carnival. Lol)

Second cruise I booked directly with Royal.

For this one, I have staterooms reserved (the balcony/interior connecting staterooms for hubby and I and two teens). Got them at the BOGOHO rate and $100 OBC per room.

The TA is offering an additional $100 for the balcony and one complimentary lunch at Johnny Rockets per room and one complimentary specialty restaurant per room. That doesn't seem to be enough incentives to make the switch. But....for those of you who use TA's, is this about right? Is a switch worth it?

Thanks for your help!

Melissa in Fort Worth

When you say one lunch and one dinner per room; is it a reservation for all parties, or for ONE person per room? Maybe you can ask for all OBC. $100 extra OBC is worth a phone call and filling out a 1 page form for me if you trust the TA to communicate to your liking.

I'm sorry that wasn't clear. All reservations would be transferred to the TA. We have two staterooms - 2 people per room. Each stateroom would receive one complimentary lunch at JR and one complimentary dinner. Honestly, the second complimentary specialty would be wasted because the kids won't join us for that meal. So, I'm looking at a BOGO at a specialty and buy two, get two at JR.

Thanks.

keep looking for a better TA, they are out there w/ better incentives. just remember if they are closed on the weekends and you see a price drop you have to wait until Monday, OR book the same cruise and put a "courtesy hold" on the rccl website and then call your TA on Monday. But, this one good TA does have longer hours now, which i'm thankful, look around and you'll find something better.

It sounds like a pretty good deal to me but I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

If you find yourself a good TA (one who has access to things that most people don't) then it's good to use them and build a relationship with them. And if you are primarily looking to sail a particular line, find one who does a lot of business for that line. They become your advocate and they have much more clout than you do on your own.

At any rate, the benefits of finding and keeping a good TA go beyond just a few incentives on a particular cruise vacation.