Equinox laps to a mile

rsail203

No it isn't....you can walk right around a deck without going up and down stairs. You just have to pass the smokers, the loungers and the hamburger/ice cream eaters.

I have no idea how far it is, and don't really care. I walk about 8 laps, take the stairs 90% of the time and call it good.

No it isn't....you can walk right around a deck without going up and down stairs. You just have to pass the smokers, the loungers and the hamburger/ice cream eaters.

I have no idea how far it is, and don't really care. I walk about 8 laps, take the stairs 90% of the time and call it good.

David the Equinox design is split, look at the web site.

The "track" (and I say that lightly) is on the Sundeck overlooking the Pool on S-Class Ships (Deck 14)

No stairs... As I recall on the Solstice, and none shown on this Deck Plan of the Equinox Deck 14

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-equinox#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-equinox/deck-plans

But It is more of an "obstical course" as pointed out by DAVIDYYC most of the day

If you are serious about using it... Go early... Really early.

It is popular from before the sun comes up... With Photographers, then Walkers & Joggers, and then the Chair Hogs who stake out their real estate. Then it is an all out zoo.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BSsYyDWML-k/UhUORxxzh1I/AAAAAAAAaOA/v5ZpAhgd020/s1600/Cruise05_Strait+Messina02.JPG

Cheers!

Ps... As I recall, there are some sort of signage posting distances for the loop

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

If you only go around on the deck, I believe it is about 16 laps/mile. There is a sign on the deck that will give you the info for laps/mile. If you also use the stairs with your laps, which I do, I think I calculated it was 10 or 12 laps. Hope this helps.

For some reason I cannot upload pictures here...but absolutely there are no stairs involved.

We will see first hand in 24 days, but in reading many reviews and looking at pics of the Equinox, a one 16th mile circle is a drill and will send us to the dred mills. We run Half Marathon # 67 next Sat and have researched it very close.

For some reason I cannot upload pictures here...but absolutely there are no stairs involved.

Agreed; there are no stairs involved in what Celebrity calls the "jogging track" on Deck 14. The deck plans clearly show this. The laps per mile are posted on a sign (sorry I can't recall how many). My memory is a little hazy here, but I think you can lengthen the laps by adding the aft stairs that you see in the back of my photo (this is from the Eclipse).

I get so tired of counting laps that I just go by time.

WalkingTrack_zps561143be.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Agreed; there are no stairs involved in what Celebrity calls the "jogging track" on Deck 14. The deck plans clearly show this. The laps per mile are posted on a sign (sorry I can't recall how many). My memory is a little hazy here, but I think you can lengthen the laps by adding the aft stairs that you see in the back of my photo (this is from the Eclipse).

(photo by turtles06)

I usually get up early on cruises, and often go up on deck to catch pics of the Sunrise.

In my experience, from what I have seen most walkers / Joggers stick to the "marked track" / loop on Deck 14.

Decks 16 & 15 (fore & aft) with the Lawn Club are kind of chopped up... And not the best circuit in my mind

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-equinox?tab=Deck_Plans%2Fships%2Fcelebrity-equinox%2Fdeck-plans#

(photo by turtles06)

Ok, I see now, there is a track around the pool deck on 14. That is nothing like the Reflection. We will be on the dread mills. Thanks everyone

Edited by wallie5446

(photo by turtles06)

Right....that is the Equinox.Thank you!!

Much nicer than the treadmill, however many laps you have to do.

Right....that is the Equinox.Thank you!!

Much nicer than the treadmill, however many laps you have to do.

I agree. One of the things I love to do most at sea is get up bright and early and go for a brisk walk on deck. I love the S-class ships, but I do miss having a true promenade deck.

I thought it was 8 laps to a mile. Unless you get up really early though (I don't!) it is one of the worst designed walking-jogging tracks ever, since you have to walk right past the smoking area and through rows of deck chairs, some of which stick right out into the track. It's also one of the main pathways to the buffet restaurant, so lots of people are just meandering around from one place to another; not their fault, there isn't another way.

Combined with no true promenade, it's annoying for walkers.

I thought it was 8 laps to a mile. Unless you get up really early though (I don't!) it is one of the worst designed walking-jogging tracks ever, since you have to walk right past the smoking area and through rows of deck chairs, some of which stick right out into the track. It's also one of the main pathways to the buffet restaurant, so lots of people are just meandering around from one place to another; not their fault, there isn't another way.

Agree but it is still doable. If you're out there by 8 ish you should be fine. If you have a 10 mi run then just get out early like you'd do at home. Another option is to run in the ports. I love it. Last cruise I was in the middle of Ironman training so I used the bike on the ship, swam in the ocean and ran any long runs on land. Nice way to see the ports.

enjoy,

Duane

Agree but it is still doable. If you're out there by 8 ish you should be fine. If you have a 10 mi run then just get out early like you'd do at home. Another option is to run in the ports. I love it. Last cruise I was in the middle of Ironman training so I used the bike on the ship, swam in the ocean and ran any long runs on land. Nice way to see the ports.

enjoy,

Duane

Sure, I do it--mostly I just walk, not run anymore since everytime I try jogging I seem to pull something--(age 69), but on both the Eclipse and Equinox I've walked the track and the so-called promenade.

We're on the Eclipse again in Dec. I'm not getting up at 8 on vacation though, unless we have to get to a port tour. We do walk a lot in ports when we can--one of favorite DIY activities.

One of my favorite activities on a nice sea day is walking 2 to 4 miles on the track. It is 8 laps to the mile according to the signs on the S class ships (not sure if Reflection is any different).

If you intend to jog you'll do best very early in the morning before people start sunning by the pool, or very late afternoon or in the evening. During the prime parts of the day the track gets too crowded to jog through most of it but it is fine for walking as long as you're understanding and don't mind slowing down a bit here and there. I actually prefer to walk mid day and don't mind the crowds and obstacles too much as I enjoy watching the activity and people around the pool area while I walk.

8 laps to a mile (may be some hurdling involved with lounge chairs on sea days), no stairs. If you're concerned about race training the treadmills would probably be your best bet, but we were limited to 30 minutes a session. If your half marathon has hills I'd recommend running the stairs far forward (not as much buffet traffic). Have a great race

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk