7:40 Flight from FLL, Conquest?

MrBanana1240

Trying to finalize a cruise for March/April 2015. Conquest for 6 days from FLL. There's a $157 direct flight home the day before Easter! To go 40 minutes later would tack on $140 a person, so you can see my urge to book this flight. I have no issues waking up early, and FTTF is still availiable. On my Freedom crusie, we arrived in FLL at 4:30 AM, and the cruise director said that's routine, between 4 and 6 depending n the island.

Who thinks this could work? Or am I putting a little too much hope in myself?

Thanks in advance!

No No No....please don't even try! The ship will arrive in port maybe as early as 4 am but you will not be able to get off. Never seen anyone get off before 7a. You would need to be at the airport by 6:30 latest to make that flight. Won't happen.

Thank you all!

I found a flight that's just $105 extra pp later in the like, like at 12:30. I'll pay that. Gives me time to get off the ship, sleep in (ish) and go through security.

Thanks!

Much better!!!!:D:D:D

We did 10:50, and I was nervous.

We made it, but not with too much time to spare.

However, we were coming off the Breeze from MIA.

SAS got us there, but the security lines at FLL are ridiculous:eek:

We got off Freedom in FLL yesterday, absolute chaos and barely made it to the airport for our Southwest 3:30pm flight! I'm sure this is the exception and not the rule but I don't think you will ever make it for a flight that early!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all!

I found a flight that's just $105 extra pp later in the like, like at 12:30. I'll pay that. Gives me time to get off the ship, sleep in (ish) and go through security.

Thanks!

OP already responded with the above answer for those who haven't read the whole thread. Pretty obvious to everyone that it was a terrible idea and I'm glad they reconsidered.

Thank you all!

Thanks!

With the 12:30 flight you won't be so rushed and you for sure get home that day. Stay on the ship as long as you can and take your time. Much better.

Trying to finalize a cruise for March/April 2015. Conquest for 6 days from FLL. There's a $157 direct flight home the day before Easter! To go 40 minutes later would tack on $140 a person, so you can see my urge to book this flight. I have no issues waking up early, and FTTF is still availiable. On my Freedom crusie, we arrived in FLL at 4:30 AM, and the cruise director said that's routine, between 4 and 6 depending n the island.

Who thinks this could work? Or am I putting a little too much hope in myself?

Thanks in advance!

you've been on plenty of cruises so you should know