Need advice re:cabin with a balcony

DH and I have decided we would lie a balcony for our upcoming cruise in Oct on the Voyager. TA is giving us 2 optins that are still available 1st is cat. E2 which is a guarentee we get a balcony just no clue where till we get there. and 2nd is cat. D3 which will cost us about $500 more but we get to pick our cabin. What should we do? Im nervous about a guarentee.

DH and I have decided we would lie a balcony for our upcoming cruise in Oct on the Voyager. TA is giving us 2 optins that are still available 1st is cat. E2 which is a guarentee we get a balcony just no clue where till we get there. and 2nd is cat. D3 which will cost us about $500 more but we get to pick our cabin. What should we do? Im nervous about a guarentee.

just my experience but, i booked the E1 guarentee, and was upgraded to a D2 (superior balcony) bigger room/larger balcony.

read somewhere that they like to keep the lower price cabins (sometimes:confused: ) for the last minute cruisers as the lower price may tend to book up the ship (just in my past two experiences)

Guest cruzr44

I would pick the E1 as I don't think a D3 is worth $500 more. There really can't be a "bad" E1 cabin and then again you might end up in a suite. Go for the guarantee.

Beware that with a guarantee cabin you may get a connecting cabin. Brother and his wife went with a guarantee balcony cabin on the Summit. Ended up with a connecting cabin. They could hear everything (and I mean everything) going on in the next cabin -- and ended up smoking as much as the chimneys in the connecting cabin during that week. They'll never take a guarantee cabin again.

I have been in connecting cabins at least 4 times,and have never had an issue.Could be the luck of the draw with neighbors.But I think if you have noisey neighbors...then you are going to hear them with or without a connecting door.

A balcony is a balcony...The D's are larger..depending on what ships.We had a D1 on Rhapsody,which is the same size as the E1 we have on Mariner.

The thing that would be different is location..Sometimes..location does not matter sometimes it does,depending on what you like.You may really like midship...and you may get way up front.You may like close to the elevator,and you get way far.The other issue with location,is sometimes a slight obstruction on the balcony...IE a lifeboat,or a window washing machine..

If you could be happy with any location with an E...take it.If you need more space,and a better location go to the D

I have been in connecting cabins at least 4 times,and have never had an issue.Could be the luck of the draw with neighbors.But I think if you have noisey neighbors...then you are going to hear them with or without a connecting door.

A balcony is a balcony...The D's are larger..depending on what ships.We had a D1 on Rhapsody,which is the same size as the E1 we have on Mariner.

The thing that would be different is location..Sometimes..location does not matter sometimes it does,depending on what you like.You may really like midship...and you may get way up front.You may like close to the elevator,and you get way far.The other issue with location,is sometimes a slight obstruction on the balcony...IE a lifeboat,or a window washing machine..

If you could be happy with any location with an E...take it.If you need more space,and a better location go to the D

Helpful information...thanks.

I disagree, b2c. We had a connecting balcony cabin on Enchantment a few years ago, and I avoid them now. Our neighbors were out even later than we were, and incredibly noisy when they returned. They were up pretty early, too. We could hear everything, including what sounded like vomiting. Maybe some newer ships have better connecting doors, but that's why we dropped to D-2 deck 9 on Mariner, all those D-1's on Mariner deck 10 are connecting cabins. :D

I guess we have just been blessed with good neighbors..All of our connectings have been on Rhapsody (maybe she just has good insulation:p ...A D1 (same room twice) an OV,and a Inside...

I have heard others say the same thing about the noise,but I have heard as many say no noise...I personally don't like the connecting rooms because it usually means you will have a chair,instead of the love seat :rolleyes:

Archived