Using Cash to buy cocktails without showing sign & sail.

moondusterr

My sail and sign card is always paid with cash, but I have to admit that on the last day of my first cruise, with everyone getting ready for disembarkation, I asked the bartender for a virgin mary. He said it was on him. He got a 5 $ tip. But, I have tried that since and been refused, as most bartenders do not want to have to deal with cash, there would be no change back. Basically after 7 a.m. all the sail and sign cards are no longer chargeable, unless connected directly to a credit card, but the accounts are shut down. NO to the cash, put cash on your Sail and Sign and have a great cruise!.

I asked because my husband is worrying about hitting the limit as he is a heavy drinker, (but rarely gets drunk) since this is his vacation he will most likely start with Bloody Marys at 9am. He is worried that by dinner he will be refused a glass of wine with our meal. We were planning on getting the cheers card and than just paying cash if we hit the limit. I understand why Carnival wants to put a limit- probably to curb the 20ish binge drinkers or some idiot going overboard but it's not fair to professional drinkers like us.

I asked because my husband is worrying about hitting the limit as he is a heavy drinker, (but rarely gets drunk) since this is his vacation he will most likely start with Bloody Marys at 9am. He is worried that by dinner he will be refused a glass of wine with our meal. We were planning on getting the cheers card and than just paying cash if we hit the limit. I understand why Carnival wants to put a limit- probably to curb the 20ish binge drinkers or some idiot going overboard but it's not fair to professional drinkers like us.

Anything above and beyond the Cheers limit will be put on your S&S account which can then be settled via cash or credit card. There's no way to order a drink "under the table" so to speak.

Hey People,

About to cruise on the elation and would like to know if their are any cash bars, meaning we wouldn't have to show our Sign & Sail card to buy drinks. I got 2 conflicting answers from Carnival.

Bottom Line: You will have to show your Sign & Sail card each time you order a drink.