Spirit's Garden Room vs. Windows dining - Is there a menu difference?

nevarez

Hello,

I'm wondering why there are two complimentary main dining rooms on the Spirit. Does the menu differ between The Garden Room and Windows? I noticed on the NCL website that I can make dinner reservations for either dining rooms. Is that necessary?

Thank you,

Ana

There are two MDRs on most NCL ships. Windows you must wear long trousers if you are a man ie no shorts.

I sailed on Spirit Dec 2013. Couldn't make reservations then, which was a PITA when everyone spewed out of the show at the same time, and the line for both restaurants was 30-40 minutes (with no complimentary drink given). So I would view reservations around end-of-show a must........but now you don't know what the shows are on the various days and which ones you will go to, so I would only reserve only once on board maybe the previous day once I see the daily for the following evening.

The menu seemed the same, as they share a kitchen......possibly on the NCL Star as the food is always cold by the time it arrives at both restaurants. If I went on the Spirit again, I would send food back every time it arrived cold. Service was woeful in Windows, and ambience in Garden was like a corridor.

There is small differences. For example a different type of streak.

The quality is the same as they share a kitchen.

Yep. This. They are almost identical. But they do change types of steak and sometimes the sides that a company a meal.

We ate in the garden room every night. I wore Tshirt, shorts and sandals. Much more our cup of tea.

Regarding the menus, it depends when you are going.

Previously, NCl had separate menus in their two dining rooms, which differed slightly, as mentioned above. However, the new menus which are now on most ships are, I believe, the same in both venues. Last I heard, the Spirit hadn't got the new menus, but it may have by now, or will do soon.

Regarding reservations, I personally wouldn't bother. They certainly aren't necessary, although there apparently can be delays at busy times. I have never waited more than a couple of minutes, but we tend to eat quite early.

I found the food on the Spirit to be fine.