Review - Venice gondola trip excursion

magpieman

We did this same excursion in 2012. We decided on the P&O tour because we had been warned there could be huge queues for the gondolas on the Grand canal.The weather was fabulous the day we were there, but because it had been dreadful the day before, Venice was very quiet and we could have had our pick of the gondolas. St Mark's square was virtually empty. I doubt we would be so lucky again.

Hi Magpieman your video brought back happy memories for my daughter and I thanks for putting it up.

What day was this taken? We arrived in Venice on Ventura at lunchtime on the 23rd September just wondered if we were onboard when you took the video :)

My daughter and I went on a gondola too it was the best thing we did in Venice. Being as we had 2 days in port we decided to go into Venice mid to late afternoon to avoid the bulk of the crowds. We negotiated a 30 min ride for €80:eek: for the two of us not sure if that was good price or not but less than the starting price lol. We picked a younger gondolier and made sure he was going to give a good commentary. He was lovely very friendly and chatty, took pics of us gave a very informative commentary and also told us the best places to go when we got off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Skoozie

Yes, the Ventura followed us into Venice so you would be on the ship.

80 Euros sounds about right, we paid 90 I think for the two of us but that included the water from and back to the ship and a tour guide who pointed out some places of interest and made sure we didn't get lost. We had to share our gondola with 4 other people though.