Crab Shack on Golden Princess

Pier Pressure 53

We were on the Golden Princess this past July, and were given coupons for the Crab Shack in recognition of being Most Traveled Passengers. It was held in the steakhouse. It was our first time at a Crab Shack, but it won't be our last! Mmmmm!

We were on the Golden Princess this past July, and were given coupons for the Crab Shack in recognition of being Most Traveled Passengers. It was held in the steakhouse. It was our first time at a Crab Shack, but it won't be our last! Mmmmm!

Would the steak house be the Crown Grill where it was held? What time was it open, and did you have to make reservations?

Oddly, the day we went was the only day it was held in (yes) the Crown Grill, and the only time it was at lunch. The other four times it was available on this seven-day cruise, it was during dinner hours in the Horizon Court area. The dinner version was 5:30 or 6 PM-10:30 PM (start time varied by day). The lunch version was 11:30 AM-1:30 PM. The day we went, it was very empty and no reservations were needed - don't know about other days/venues.

If you are on one of the 4-day Golden Cruises, the Crab Shack is only on Day 2 and Day 3. And if you want to go, make sure you call the Dine Line soon after boarding. They only sat five tables every half hour, so that's not a lot of people.

M.

We just got back from a 3 day to Mexico on the Golden. Had the Crab Shack on Saturday night. It was held in the HC back area. I called for reservations but the said the only time available was 8:30. Luckily we knew someone on board that worked there and he got us a 6:30 reservation. Walked in a it was dead. Only one other table seated. So I'm not sure why they told us 8:30. Had the king crab legs. Amazing. They provide appetizers, soup, bread... All sorts of filler. I was smart and saved my appetite for the crab. Had seconds. Will do it again.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

My DH did the crab shack on the Emerald. Since I am allergic to shell fish and sea food I just collected my meal from the buffet then joined him at the table. They still brought him the portion that was for two. It was so good he went back the second week. We are on the emerald again next year so he is keeping his fingers crossed that they will have it again

Sent from my iPad using Forums