Would you get trip insurance when booking a pretty last minute cruise?

Another consideration to buying the insurance is if you have older parents and something happens to them and you need to cancel your cruise, with no insurance you are up the creek. That's why we started buying insurance, but now we want it for medivac and hospitals out of the country.

Just something to consider.

I booked a last minute cruise on the Pride, because of the price. The fact that I could drive over to Baltimore was the kicker. My mom informed me the next day after booking that she was going to need a pacemaker that very week I was going to be gone. Thankfully it was within the 24 hours timeframe, and I received all of my money back on my card. You just never know what is just around the corner. It's always best to be prepared just in case.

My first 3 cruises I was pretty naïve...until I saw the boards here where someone quoted how much it could cost to be medi lifted out of country! It was worth the money then! You never know what could happen! I go thru my insurance company USAA...which in turn sends me to Travelers Insurance I believe...better than Carnival's for less.

If I bought a cruise today that leaves tomorrow I would still buy insurance. It isn't losing the cost of the trip that I worry about. If I can afford the trip I can afford to lose the money if I cancel since it was extra money anyway.

I buy the insurance in case there is a medical emergency while traveling or if something happens back home and I have to cut the trip short. The cost of an air ambulance and medical bills out of the country is something I would seriously worry about.

We get it every cruise for the medical and evacuation, especially when traveling with children. We were on a cruise last year where a little 4 year old boy was sick with a cold and got a fever while in the Bahamas. His parents didn't know he was feverish, thought it was just the heat of the Bahamas, until the untreated fever got so high he had a seizure. We saw the ambulance come for him in Nassau. He was treated at a hospital there and thankfully was ok. Whole family had to be flown home. Insurance is well worth it.