Recommended Cruises

DJan07

This is my first post and I'm only 16. I'm addicted to cruising and have been on 2 cruises. I sailed on Carnival's Jubilee for a 5 day Western Caribbean in July of 2002 and Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean in July of 2005. After the cruise on the Jubilee we loved the cruise experience, but not the ship. This month we were talking about how everything on Explorer and RCI was perfect. Our family usually takes a "major" vacation every 2 years, but we wanted to go on another cruise, possibly a 5-6 day. We all prefered a very large ship, so my question is are there any cruises that are 5-6 days in July of 2006 to Bermuda that anyone knows of? The only Voyager-Class ship that is 5-7 day to Bermuda (where we kind of want to go) is on Explorer of the Seas. I know Grandeur also goes there, but we would prefer a larger ship and plus both are kinda expensive for a 5 day cruise. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunately you are looking to sail right in the middle of high season for Bermuda. If you would go at the end of May or in the begining of June you would probably find it less expensive. Even if you could wait until September the rates come back down alot.

Well my brother and I are tri-athletes and play sports ALL year around. We also play summer league baseball and summer league basketball. The baseball isn't done until the beginning of July so my family only has a 2 week window for vacations. Are their any other cruises you suggest?

Just check expedia or something like that that will let you know what is available for those two weeks you want to sail. Then you can narrow your search by where you want to go, what ship, and how many days. I would check the week long cruises as well as the 5-6 days since sometimes they are about the same price. Also, for prime time July sailings your family is better off booking now before the ships fill up and the prices start to soar.

Agree with bearette. I know your dilemna, too. Our son played summer ball, and if you win, you just keep playing.

Hmmm....very large ship to Bermuda besides the Explorer. That might be hard to find. Keep an eye out for the itineraries to Bermuda, and I would suggest using the RCI web site, but only for the latest on itineraries, not price.

You might just luck out and find a one-time sailing that includes Bermuda. I'd watch the Freedom, also, and see where she's going, but she will be expensive next year.

As far as prices are concerned, keep an ey on them and subscribe to travel newsletters. They tell you what the specials are. Also, check RCI's Happy Hour specials on Tues and Thurs:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

You can book and then ask for any drop in price back again later if the price goes down after you've booked. Also, by next summer you might be ready for the Explorer again!!!

I'm hoping for her sake they do a switch or two next summer and change some itineraries. RCI has a habit of doing that, so best to keep an eye on what ship is going to Bermuda. Maybe she will get lucky!!

You are not going to get any larger than Explorer unless you do Freedom of the Seas. As for cost - we just booked ours a few weeks ago to leave 10/2 and didn't find the rates bad at all. I know most say book early for discounts but I don't like to plan that far ahead. I'm usually able to get one of their "Hot Deals" for the same if not better if I'd done early booking. You are young and if you are truly "hooked on cruising" you'll more than likely cruise the same ship more than once - VOS & AOS & I think the MOS are the same class - just different decor.

Thanks for your help everyone. I have checked everywhere on the Internet and haven't found anything new. Hopefully they will move some ships around. I do agree with whoever said that I will probably sail the same ships over and over. The Explorer was amazing. I'm not "addicted to cruising" but i like it more than any other vacations.

Archived